Online Banking Setup

Wayne M

01 Feb, 2019 04:22 PM

I am in the process of trying out MoneyDance. Since being a Quicken user since 1992, like a lot of other Quicken users, I refuse to join their subscription program. I have a year before my 2017 version sunsets, so I want to make sure I find a reasonable replacement before it does. MoneyDance sounds like the closest to filling that need than any other financial software I have come across.

After correcting a lot of the accounts imported in via .qif, the second obstacle I have come across is downloading transactions from my bank. My bank, Centennial Bank is on the MoneyDance list. When I click on Centennial Bank (Signup 1.png) and click NEXT. MoneyDance shows Account - Centennial Bank Checking (Signup 2.png) click NEXT. MoneyDance then brings up the screen to enter the Routing Number, Account Number, and Customer ID (Signup 3.png) then click NEXT. Which brings me to the final screen (Signup 4.png). When I click FINISH the setup screen closes.

Then when I go to ONLINE > DOWNLOAD CENTENNIAL BANK CHECKING TRANSACTIONS, nothing happens. I have the bank set for Direct Connect services (Banking 1). MoneyDance never gets to the point for me to enter a Password.

Anyone have any ideas or guidance that would help?

Thanks in advance,
Wayne M

1. 1 Posted by Wayne M on 01 Feb, 2019 04:27 PM

Not sure why the photo's didn't show up?

2. 2 Posted by Wayne M on 01 Feb, 2019 04:40 PM

Sorry, but I forgot to include I am using Version 2019.1 (1855) on Windows 10 Home 1809. But it also happened with the last version of 2017.

3. 3 Posted by -Kevin N. on 01 Feb, 2019 05:02 PM

Hi Wayne,

Thank you for the screenshots and your computing environment data.

Per the Signup_3.png screenshot, neither the 'Online Banking' or 'Bill Payment' check-boxes are ticked.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

4. 4 Posted by Wayne Morris on 01 Feb, 2019 05:34 PM

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the reply. The check boxes are GRAYED out and will not let me do anything else on that page. I have uninstalled and reinstalled MoneyDance several time with the same results.

Wayne M

5. 5 Posted by -Kevin N. on 01 Feb, 2019 05:50 PM

Hi Wayne,

By any chance, you're not clicking on the 'Advanced Setup' link as displayed in Signup_1.png are you?

I don't recall the Set Up Online Banking routine asking for a routing number. It has been my experience that account numbers are offered in a drop-down list during the routine. (Then again, I'm not a Centennial Bank client so the way that they are presented may actually be part of the routine.)

Do you have the correct routing number and account number entered into their respective fields in the account's parameters form in Moneydance?

To check, open Moneydance to the Centennial Bank account.
    From the Moneydance menu bar, go to Account > Edit Account.
    In the resulting form, you can check the routing and account numbers.

6. 6 Posted by Wayne M on 01 Feb, 2019 08:11 PM

Hi Kevin,

I looked at the 'Advanced Setup' initially but realized quickly that there was no info there for me to insert.

As far as the correct routing number and account number entered, I have entered this info several times. I double checked and it looks correct.

When I went to Account > Edit Account, the Account and Routing numbers were missing. I added these numbers in this screen and tried to add Centennial Bank online again. This time the Account and Routing numbers were automatically added in Signup 3. I was still not able to put a tick by Online Banking as it is still greyed out.

Still stumped,
    Wayne M

7. 7 Posted by -Kevin N. on 01 Feb, 2019 08:46 PM

Hi Wayne,

I'm afraid that this is beyond my scope. I will have to yield to the support staff to help you further.

Something that you could do to help them in resolving this is to open the console window (MD menu bar > Help > Console Window) then run the Set Up Online Banking routine again.

Hopefully, when you run the routine again, the console window will display something that will point to a resolution.

You can 'Copy' the results of the console window and Paste it into a Notepad file. Then attach the Notepad file to your next post.

BUT, before attaching it, make sure to open the Notepad file and redact any account numbers.

I'm sorry that I couldn't be of more help.

8. 8 Posted by Wayne M on 01 Feb, 2019 09:34 PM

Thanks Kevin for your help. Hopefully someone else has some ideas that I can try.

Again Kevin Thank You for taking the time.

Regards,
    Wayne M

9. 9 Posted by Wayne M on 04 Feb, 2019 09:45 PM

This tread can be marked CLOSED as there is no obvious solution to download transactions into MoneyDance from a bank that is on their list.

I am marking MoneyDance off the list of replacements for Quicken and moving on.

Good Luck Developers.

Wayne M

10. System closed this discussion on 06 May, 2019 09:50 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

15 Jul, 2019 10:17 PM
15 Jul, 2019 07:21 PM
15 Jul, 2019 06:34 PM