program says incorrect login

hawaiidonna

19 Feb, 2019 05:55 PM

Hi. I'm trying to marry up our Chase account with Moneydance. Every time I try, the program tells me the login is incorrect. The login information works with Chase Online, so I'm thinking it's something in the program. Please help!

Donna DeViney
509-443-7122

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 19 Feb, 2019 06:09 PM

Hi Donna,

I am a Chase Visa client.

Can you confirm that you've approved your account for desktop apps on the Chase website? The option to do so is quite hidden. If you need help locating it let me know and I'll try to lend a hand.

Can you also confirm that you've confirmed your identity with Chase. After you approve your account for desktop apps, you should received an email from Chase after your first attempt at connecting with Moneydance. The email will provide the instructions on how to confirm your identity.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

2. 2 Posted by hawaiidonna on 19 Feb, 2019 07:49 PM

Thanks for your help. I got Chase online’s authorization for the desktop app. Now we’re trying to get credentials for login. What a pain in the butt.

Donna

3. 3 Posted by -Kevin N. on 19 Feb, 2019 08:58 PM

Hi Donna,

It has been my experience that the direct-connect login credentials are the same as the Chase Visa website login.

Agreed, it's a pain in the butt but from a security standpoint, I'd rather jump through a couple of their hoops to make sure it's me connecting and not someone else.
    It's a one-time thing, so IMO it's well worth it.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

4. 4 Posted by hawaiidonna on 19 Feb, 2019 10:03 PM

Thanks. Yeah, that’s been the problem. The program won’t accept the regular Chase Online login stuff. The instructions say I need a separate login and ID for online transactions. So that’s what I’m trying.

Thanks again,

Donna

5. System closed this discussion on 21 May, 2019 10:10 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac