Online Banking Access

James Harper

21 Feb, 2019 03:50 AM

Just purchased Moneydance, downloaded and tried to set up online banking to download transactions. Could not access Chase Bank due to receiving error for ID and Password. Suggested I contact my bank. I called Chase and was told they only handle Quicken and Quickbooks help but instructed me to go the my bank settings to ""Account Safe" and change Desktop Apps to Direct Access where they charge $9.30 per month to allow access to other software than Quicken and Quickbooks. I did that with their help and still cannot access the bank through Moneydance. They said I would have to get with Moneydance and see if a problem exists.
When I enter my bank ID and Password, an error message comes back as error code 2000. How can I access my bank accounts?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ethan on 21 Feb, 2019 04:12 AM

It sounds like you were on the right track. Here's what we've found from working with other Chase customers. To enable the connection with Chase, follow these steps:

1. Log on to the Chase website.
      2 Look to the upper right-hand corner of the webpage for the head and torso icon.
    2. Click the head and torso icon and select 'More Settings'.
    3. A list of items will appear on the left side.
    4. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the list.
    5. There you'll see the link for 'Desktop apps' under the AccountSafe menu
    6. Click to activate your account.

You should be able to connect after that. If you still have trouble, you may need to perform one more verification steps. To do so, follow these steps:

1. Log on to Chase's site.
    2. Go to your Secure Message Inbox.
    3. You should have a message asking you to confirm your connection. Click the link to confirm.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by James Harper on 21 Feb, 2019 04:32 AM

Thank you for your response Ethan. The Desktop apps section says I'm already using Direct Access. I checked messages and I do have one to confirm identity. Did that so I'll try to log on again. Thank you.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

19 May, 2019 10:40 PM
19 May, 2019 09:09 PM
19 May, 2019 08:36 PM