Trial Account

max.budnick

23 Feb, 2019 06:56 PM

Hello,

I want to make sure that this program connects correctly across all of my online bank accounts. Do I need to purchase a license to use that feature before I can test it? If it works correctly I'd purchase a license. The option is grayed out.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ethan on 23 Feb, 2019 07:00 PM

Hello,

The demo version is fully functional and allows you to manually enter 100 transactions. Imported transactions are not limited, so you'll be able to fully test things like importing from other programs and connections with your bank.

My guess from your screenshot is that you are trying to access these options without opening an account first. Click on the account you want to set up connections with where it is listed in the left sidebar to open that account register. Then go to the Online menu, and you should see the setup options active. Otherwise, Moneydance wouldn't know which account you wanted to set up, so those options wouldn't be active.

In case you haven't found it yet, detailed information on how to use the program can be found at http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by max.budnick on 23 Feb, 2019 07:09 PM

Its unfortunate Bank of america is not included.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ethan on 23 Feb, 2019 08:19 PM

Hello,

That's correct. Bank of America dropped their support for direct connections a few years ago. We of course have no control over which services banks offer to their customers. The full list of banks that support direct connections that we know of can be found at http://infinitekind.com/fi

The best way to get your transactions into Moneydance is to use a web browser to download them from your bank's web site. You can download into QFX, OFX, OFC, or QIF files (sometimes referred to as Quicken or MS Money files), any of which will import cleanly into Moneydance. You can also open your bank's download page directly (after entering the appropriate address in the Account->Edit Account menu) by going to the menu bar and selecting Online->Open Account Website. If your bank begins to support direct OFX connections in the future, we will be happy to work with them.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance,

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

4. System closed this discussion on 25 May, 2019 08:20 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac