Synchrony transactions not downloading

tiptonbob

18 Apr, 2024 02:30 AM

I have not been unable to download my Sam's Club card transactions from Synchrony bank for several weeks. I see that there have been problems with Plaid in the past. Is this an issue that has reoccurred? Is anyone else experiencing problems?

1. 1 Posted by tiptonbob on 18 Apr, 2024 10:07 PM

I contacted Synchrony and they are clueless as to who PLAID is or how 3rd party downloading even takes place. Hopefully MD can contact PLAID and get an answer. I'm going to sever the MD+ connection and try to reconnect.

Any help @Maddy

2. 2 Posted by tiptonbob on 18 Apr, 2024 10:14 PM

OK, I resynced the account and when I tried to download, it told me that this was the first download and how far back did I want to go. I said all transactions and it only downloaded two transactions from February of 2023.

So: it seemingly connects to my account, but doesn't download any of the transactions after Feb. of 2023.?????

I reset the sync date and two facts emerge.
    1. Using 1/1/2024 as the download after date, I see 0 transactions downloaded (of 34 downloaded)
    2. Using 4/1/2024 as the date, I see 0 transactions (of 0 downloaded. I know there are at least a dozen transactions that have been posted, but wre not downloading.

I hope this will give you enough information to talk to PLAID.

3. 3 Posted by TonyRI on 18 Apr, 2024 10:29 PM

I was having the same problem with my Amazon Prime Synchrony Bank account back in February. It's been a problem in the past and the IK response is not very encouraging:

https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/online-banking/12481...

For me, Synchrony/Amazon went from missing a few transactions each month, to no longer downloading new transactions.

I know that this won't help you, but instead of waiting for a fix to (Amazon Prime) Synchrony Bank, I ended up opening an Amazon Chase Visa account and haven't had any more download issues using MD+.

Regards,

Tony (Fellow user, Not IK Support)

4. 4 Posted by tiptonbob on 18 Apr, 2024 10:34 PM

@TonyRI Thanks for that response. Your experience mirrors my own. Unfortunately, my Sam's Plus card is too valuable to me to replace. My rebates are substantial, so I guess I'll have to manually download if this continues.

I'm pretty sick of the service from PLAID. It won't work with my Fidelity card from Elan and now I can't use it for my Sam's card. Seems like MD needs to look for a different provider.

5. 5 Posted by TonyRI on 18 Apr, 2024 10:53 PM

You're welcome! I totally understand the rebates concern and your wanting to keep the Sam's Plus card. It's too bad that so many banks have moved away from Direct OFX Connections and we have to depend on 3rd party aggregators nowadays. I have to admit, I've been spoiled with my dependence on automatic downloads. I guess I'm lucky to have 2 banks that still support Direct Connect and the 3 CC's I have that utilize MD+/Plad have been working adequately, albeit not as current as DC.

6. 6 Posted by dwg on 19 Apr, 2024 12:10 AM

The developer some time ago talk about the difficulties with dealing with some of the aggregators. It seems that some are not willing to deal with companies that do not at least have a U.S. presence if not being U.S. based. Moneydance is of course based in the U.K.

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Maddy on 19 Apr, 2024 09:02 AM

@All

Please stay assured that this issue was escalated to Plaid support and there seem to be an ongoing investigation in place since January this year. In other words the issue is not been fixed permanently. I requested an update yesterday (April 18th) and I have not received a response yet. I will post an update here as soon as I receive a reply.
    Thank you for your patience!

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

8. 8 Posted by tiptonbob on 22 Apr, 2024 02:26 PM

I was able to reconnect with my Sam's Club Mastercard through Plaid. It took a long time to connect, but finally asked for a code that Plaid had sent via email and I was connected.

9. 9 Posted by TonyRI on 22 Apr, 2024 03:59 PM

Happy to hear that and thanks for the follow-up. Hope that they've finally resolved things.

10. 10 Posted by rhman44 on 22 Apr, 2024 09:28 PM

I just tried to connect my Sams CC and received a message that "connectivity down". "Plaid is currently unable to connect to Synchrony bank. We are working to restore the connection."

11. 11 Posted by tiptonbob on 22 Apr, 2024 09:32 PM

I got that same message and when I clicked ok (or whatever) I got a screen
    asking for username and password. I entered that and it spun for a long
    time then asked me for a code they had emailed me. I entered that and it
    accepted my creds.

Bob Taylor

On Mon, Apr 22, 2024 at 4:28 PM rhman44 <[email blocked]>
    wrote:

12. 12 Posted by rhman44 on 22 Apr, 2024 09:41 PM

I just tried it again and there was nothing to click except "try another institution."

13. 13 Posted by tiptonbob on 22 Apr, 2024 09:49 PM

When I attempted connection, I had the option of Continue or Try Another Institution. I clicked Continue. (Not OK). Are you trying to connect to “Sam’s Club – Credit Card?” Under that it says samsclub.syf.com/

Good luck.

14. 14 Posted by rhman44 on 22 Apr, 2024 09:57 PM

Yes, I am trying to log into Sams CC. The popup does not give me an option but Try Another Institution. Continue is not an option. Are cookies involved in any way?

Thanks for the reply

15. 15 Posted by tiptonbob on 22 Apr, 2024 10:06 PM

Disregard, I'll try again

16. 16 Posted by tiptonbob on 22 Apr, 2024 10:08 PM

I'm tryinng to attach a file. If it doesn't upload I'll try another file format.

17. 17 Posted by rhman44 on 22 Apr, 2024 10:11 PM

I am using a laptop, not a phone. Maybe that works different.
    Thanks anyway.

18. 18 Posted by tiptonbob on 22 Apr, 2024 10:12 PM

I'm not using a phone. That is from my desktop.

19. 19 Posted by rhman44 on 22 Apr, 2024 10:31 PM

OK!! I saw your email. I was trying to connect to Synchrony bank directly. I was unaware I could use the search to directly the Sams/ Synchrony.
    I finally got connect!!
    Thanks so much for working with me on this.

20. 20 Posted by tiptonbob on 22 Apr, 2024 10:32 PM

Yay! Glad I could help.

Bob Taylor

On Mon, Apr 22, 2024 at 5:31 PM rhman44 <[email blocked]>
    wrote:

21. 21 Posted by avp2 on 27 Apr, 2024 05:28 PM

I noticed my Amazon Prime (Synchrony Bank serviced) transactions are not updating. Does not seem to be any kind of problem with MD or PLAID. MD downloads the account (via PLAID), but no new (since 3/9/24) transactions come through. Both my Amazon and Synchrony web sites have also lost the ability to download activity history - no download button shows for either site on the transaction/activity pages. They used to have these functions - the Amazon chat AI even says there should be one. You can still download statement in pdf for totally manual input. Looks like Synchrony bank has discontinued (or has a bug in) their transaction download function - maybe due to the recently updated online interface/function.

22. 22 Posted by TonyRI on 27 Apr, 2024 10:05 PM

avp2

Synchrony had updated the site awhile ago. You can find the export button from the landing page by first selecting "Account Ending In XXXX" at the top, just below the words "Prime Store Card," then selecting "View Activity." They are currently supporting 2 versions of the site. The older one, that you can still manually download from and the newer one, that doesn't have that ability.

Regards,

Tony (Fellow user, Not IK Support)

23. 23 Posted by tiptonbob on 27 Apr, 2024 10:21 PM

@avp2 My Amazon Prime card is from Chase and downloads flawlessly. Maybe you can get Amazon to swap you from Synchrony to Chase. Just a thought.

24. 24 Posted by avp2 on 28 Apr, 2024 02:36 PM

Thanks for suggestions guys. I can can get to, and see, the transactions, but just do not have a download button. I am using one version back Chrome (have mac os High Sierra) so that may be the problem. Due to circumstance, a switch to Chase is not possible at this time. Maybe Synchrony will get to a CSV or OFX download capability in future - not holding my breath, as I note their regular accounts site only has pdf download. Luckily, the transaction volume is not so high this is a must for me.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

24 May, 2024 08:02 AM
24 May, 2024 07:54 AM
24 May, 2024 01:13 AM