Importing transactions

Michael Rose

06 Mar, 2019 04:26 PM

Running MD 2019.1 (1855) on Linux Mint Cinnamon 19.1. I'm trying to import transactions into a newly created account in MD for a Capital One credit card. I've saved the export from CapOne in all different formats, yet when I try importing them into MD, nothing happens. I have a beginning starting balance transaction (with date prior to first CapOne tx to be imported & the same account balance) entered into the corresponding MD account since I read that somewhere and still nothing happens.

I've also tried doing the same through CapOne's web site via MD's internal browser. The CapOne web site gives me the "Oops! We've hit a snag - please try again" error every time via that route.

Can anyone offer some guidance here? Thanks!

1. 1 Posted by Michael Rose on 06 Mar, 2019 04:42 PM

UPDATE: Despite the error I received from Capital One's web site through MD's internal browser, the transactions after my last try at it were in fact successfully imported, using the OFX format and one statement at a time, starting newest to oldest as I go through CapOne's web site.

This is cumbersome at best but at least it's working now. I hope this can help someone else experiencing a similar issue.

2. System closed this discussion on 05 Jun, 2019 04:50 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

15 Jul, 2019 10:55 PM
15 Jul, 2019 10:51 PM
15 Jul, 2019 10:49 PM