Downloaded investment defaults to closed account.

Ted

19 Mar, 2019 02:19 PM

I'm using the 1858 Preview (currently downloading 1860) on Windows 10. I have a managed IRA whose transactions are downloaded from USAA, generally without problem. However, xfr transactions are automatically assigned to a long-closed checking account. I see no way to set a default for this type of transaction. If MD is going to pick the first account off the list, I wish it would pick the first open account instead of the first alphabetical account.

This affects me at least twice a month when the funding xfr from checking is assigned to the closed checking account, and the monthly fee is assigned to that account as well. I have to switch the funding xfr to the correct bank and the fee xfr to the Investment Expense: Trading Commission category.

It's easy enough to do manually when I remember to do it, but is there any way to automate this process?

Edit to add: another one I have to change is occasionally trades come with a 0.01 fee. Those transactions come in as the default Investment Income: Dividends, and I need to manually change those to Investment Expense: Trading Commission as well.

1. 1 Posted by Ted on 19 Mar, 2019 03:25 PM

I just realized I asked basically the same question here http://help.infinitekind.com/discussions/online-banking/10952-possi.... It was closed without any replies, so my hopes aren't high this will receive a response.

2. System closed this discussion on 18 Jun, 2019 03:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac