Plans to support Web Connect for online banking yet?

rhunsick

26 Mar, 2019 04:41 PM

Have there been any plans to support online banking through Web Connect? My bank (PNC Bank) only supports Direct Connect for their depository accounts. Their credit cards and "virtual wallets" all use only web connect.

Regards,
Ron

1. 1 Posted by TonyRI on 26 Mar, 2019 05:46 PM

Hi,

It's funny, because this was talked about back in 2010, using the system browser.

http://help.infinitekind.com/discussions/suggestions/275-web-connec...

And again in 2019, this time using the Built-in browser (currently in beta) within Moneydance 2019

http://help.infinitekind.com/discussions/online-banking/12072-built...

I think that they are getting closer.

Regards,

Tony (Just another Moneydance customer, like you)

2. 2 Posted by rhunsick on 26 Mar, 2019 08:00 PM

Thanks! That's great to hear!

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 26 Mar, 2019 08:28 PM

I'm a fellow user.

Moneydance cannot support Web connect per se as Web connect is a proprietary method owned by Quicken and to use it would require licensing from Quicken (and no doubt payment) not a good move to need or use something from a competitor.

The long term goal of the inbuilt browser is to have scripting behind it that can download the transaction files from your banks web site and import them. As the vast majority of Banks world wide have this sort of Internet Banking offering it means that Moneydance could potentially support banks around the world not just the North American banks that support Web Connect or the smaller number that support Direct Connect.

4. System closed this discussion on 25 Jun, 2019 08:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac