Can't "Merge" Downloaded transactions in Investment Account type

pfliegster

07 Apr, 2019 01:49 PM

Hello,

I understand how the transaction download works and how to confirm or merge transactions from the right-hand side of the screen for regular Bank and Credit Card Account types - this works fine.

However, when I download transactions for an Investment account type, I can't seem to find the same option ... I can only CONFIRM it. Am I missing something (sorry if I missed a setting somewhere, I'm a new user & couldn't find the exact problem/info on your KB).

This is causing problems especially when I have either a 1) transfer from one Investment Account to another (I end up with two different duplicate transactions and removing the one from one side of the transfer undoes the confirmation from the other account & it just downloads the same transaction again!), and 2) transfer from a regular bank account that involves split transactions.

I figured out how to get around the problem when doing a regular transfer from a bank account to an investment account since I can accept the investment transaction on both sides and merge the one in the regular bank account. This is fine, but with split transactions (such as for my paycheck & newly imported transactions from all of my Quicken accounts) I cannot find an elegant solution to this. Why can't I perform the same Merge function in Investment accounts as I can in other account types?

The best I've been able to discern about possible work-around from other posts is to use an intermediary account for the transfers so that both sides go to the "Unspecified Transfer Account", but it seems like there has got to be an easier way than duplicating all of these transactions through an intermediate account (which I don't download any data for) and seems to obfuscate the intent of my transfers behind a veil of transactions (I'd like it as easy as possible to research IRA contributions I've made over the years, both deductible and non-deductible, and 401K contribs and matches from my paychecks in later years when I need to).

Thank you for any helpful suggestions. And if there is just no way to do this easily right now without going through an intermediary account - PLEASE add this as a feature for your next product release. Thank you.

- K

1. 1 Posted by pfliegster on 16 Apr, 2019 03:06 PM

chirp.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Henry on 16 Apr, 2019 03:11 PM

Hi,

I apologize for the late response.
    Currently merging in investment accounts isn't the same as it is for normal bank accounts, there is an existing suggestion ticket in our ticketing system to give merging functions to investment accounts, which I have attached to this thread.
    At this moment the only option is the workaround that you have found from other users posts.
    I am very sorry that this is the case.

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

3. pfliegster closed this discussion on 16 Apr, 2019 03:24 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac