How to Delink and Relink

Edwin D Wall

15 Apr, 2019 09:19 PM

My bank did a massive security update over the weekend and now MoneyDance reports a communications issue. The banks support staff says all I have to do is de-link and re-link the accounts. I don't know how to do that and they aren't familiar with MoneyDance.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Ed Wall

1. 1 Posted by TonyRI on 15 Apr, 2019 10:43 PM

Hi Edwin,

You can try recreating the connection by following the instructions in the KB article:

https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/kb/online-banking-and-bill-pay/r...

Regards,

Tony (NOT from MD Support)

2. 2 Posted by Ed Wall on 17 Apr, 2019 11:56 AM

This did not work. Looked as shown to disable the account but once I tried
    to enable it it didn't sync. So I started over. Now there is no Disable
    option for the account. It's like the account is still disabled, but I
    can't re-enable it.

Ed Wall

3. 3 Posted by TonyRI on 17 Apr, 2019 01:26 PM

Hmm... When you say

once I tried to enable it it didn't sync

"sync" are you talking about syncing Moneydance with other Computers/Devices, or do you mean Directly Connecting to your bank.

IF it is the latter, then please make sure you select "New Connection", even though your bank is still one of the connection choices available after you disable it.

Did you Bank provide you with new Login credentials? Typically the instructions that I cited above works for these types of issues.

Lastly, If you provide the name of your bank and the Version and build of MD that you are using (Help > About Moneydance). It could be useful for further troubleshooting (e.g. there may be a known connection issue with your bank, etc.).

4. 4 Posted by Ed Wall on 17 Apr, 2019 01:41 PM

I mean Directly connecting to my bank. This has been working fine for
    months, but after their recent security update it no longer works. I
    followed your directions exactly, but MoneyDance acts as if the link is
    still disabled. I can access my accounts on-line using the banks webpage
    and download importable files, but that's not what I want to do.
    The bank is Canandaigua National Bank & Trust and the MoneyDance version is
    Version 2019.1 (1855).

5. 5 Posted by TonyRI on 17 Apr, 2019 02:13 PM

Hi Ed,

Please know that I am another Moneydance Customer, just like you. In your OP, you had asked for suggestions. I provided one, using the IK Knowledge Base article.

Since, you reported back, I had just asked a couple of follow-up questions to make sure that we are using the same language to describe the same events.

I understand that everything was working correctly before this new event (Security Update).

There is a POSSIBILITY that IK SUPPORT will have to look at the Bank connection parameters within the application to see if adjustments need to be made.

Again, I am not Official MD Support and just a fellow customer trying to help get you going. That said, If you followed the instructions precisely as you say, then I have no further suggestions, aside from waiting for a response from IK Support, or another customer who may have some other recommendation.

Good Luck,

Tony (NOT from MD Support)

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Sean Reilly on 17 Apr, 2019 02:53 PM

Hi Ed,
    Thanks for your message and I'm sorry for the connection error. I'll check it out from our side to see if we need to update any connection parameters. In the meantime, would you be able to try the 2019.2 preview version of Moneydance? It fixes a large number of issues that were present in 2019 and 2019.1, including bank connection details. You can get the preview version of Moneydance from here: https://infinitekind.com/preview

Thanks!

--Sean Reilly Developer, The Infinite Kind
    https://infinitekind.com

7. 7 Posted by Ed Wall on 17 Apr, 2019 06:39 PM

Tony, I appreciate you're not from tech support, and I do very much
    appreciate that you tried to help me.

I hope tech support will be able to help. Have a great day.

Cheers,

Ed

8. 8 Posted by TonyRI on 17 Apr, 2019 07:18 PM

You also Ed,

Take care and thanks for your good wishes :)

9. 9 Posted by TonyRI on 17 Apr, 2019 07:22 PM

PS You not only have tech support, but you have the creator/developer of the MD App helping you now, so you will most definitely see resolution!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac