Richard

26 Oct, 2015 01:16 PM

I am using Moneydance 2015.3 (1175)

I am having a problem changing my password with Schwab. I have one user
name and password with two accounts.

The old password has worked for at least six months.The new password has
the same number of characters, numbers, and lower case letters as the old
password.

I have disabled both accounts. Established a new connection with Schwab.
Been asked which of the two accounts I want to use. (Indicates to me that I
have established a connection with Schwab). I then select which account.

When I go to download transactions I get error 2000 - userID or PW wrong.
I've tried it many times with both accounts and get the same error.

Any ideas?

Richard

1. 1 Posted by Ian L on 26 Oct, 2015 01:35 PM

Can you try upgrading to the latest version of Moneydance from here:

http://infinitekind.com/downloads

and see if that fixes the issue that you're seeing?

Ian
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Richard on 26 Oct, 2015 02:46 PM

Upgraded and had the same problem.

Richard

3. 3 Posted by David Hanley on 26 Oct, 2015 03:09 PM

Hi Richard,

Could you try creating this connection from a new, blank dataset and see if you still receive the 2000 error code? I'd like to figure out whether your dataset is somehow storing incorrect credentials.

To create a new dataset, click the File menu -> New.
    Moneydance will briefly shut down, and re-open with a new blank dataset.

If you're still receiveing the 2000 error code from the new dataset, could you get us your console logs? Here's how to get the logs:

1)  In Moneydance, click on the Help menu and select the Console Window option.  This will open the console messages window.
    2) While the Console Window is open, attempt to download your data from Schwab.  Any error messages should be recorded to the Console.
    3) Select all of the text in the Console and use the "Copy to Clipboard" button at the bottom to copy the text.
    4) Paste the text from the message window into a text file (preferably saved with a .txt extension) and attach that file to your response here.

The debugging logs that this produces could contain your account information.  I've made sure that this conversation is private, so the info won't be broadcast to the world, but just to be safe you should redact any account info in the debug logs.  Just replace it with something like "ACCOUNT NUMBER HERE" and it should be fine.

Hope this helps, and feel free to contact me with any questions about this process!

David Hanley
    Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by Richard on 26 Oct, 2015 04:30 PM

After creating the blank data set I was successful in downloading the Schwab account.

The only thing different is when I requested the download from Schwab, a message box was displayed that had the correct user name and a blank for the PW. Never happened during my previous attempts to download.

Richard

5. 5 Posted by David Hanley on 26 Oct, 2015 04:33 PM

Hi Richard,

Let's swap back to your regular dataset, Click the File menu -> Open -> and select your dataset.

Can you try completely resetting your connection to your bank and see if that fixes the problem you're seeing? To do this, you'll need to force clear the current connection information for your bank in Moneydance. I'm sending a file called remove_one_service.py that will help do that. Before proceeding, please back up your Moneydance data set, just in case something goes wrong. You can use these instructions to create a backup:

http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/moneydance-2014/how-to-move-your-da...

except copy your data set instead of moving it, in order to create a backup. So far, this hasn't caused any problems, but better safe than sorry!

To use the file, first save it to your computer and then follow these steps:

1. In Moneydance, click on the Extensions Menu and choose the Manage Extensions option.
    2. From the list of available extensions, choose the Python Interface extension, then click Install to download the extension and finish to complete the installation.
    3. Close the Manage Extensions window.
    4. Again, click the Extensions menu. This time, choose the Python Interface option.
    5. In the python window, click the read from file button and load the file from whereever you saved it. You will be asked to select which connection you want to clear. Choose your bank, and click OK. You'll get a confirmation message when the connection has been removed. Close the window when done.
    6. Set up the connection to your bank like normal. Since all of your settings have been cleared, you should get the most recent connection information for your bank.

Hopefully, that will work. If it doesn't, let me know and we'll continue troubleshooting.

David Hanley
    Infinite Kind Support

6. 6 Posted by Richard on 26 Oct, 2015 05:07 PM

I get the same error message.

7. 7 Posted by Ian L on 28 Oct, 2015 12:15 PM

Could you try clearing your online credentials to see if that helps? You can do this by selecting the Online->"Forget Online Passwords" menu option. This will remove all of the saved credentials form your file for all accounts, so be sure you have that information handy! Next, check your account settings for each account to make sure that the account and routing numbers are entered correctly. Finally, set up your connections again. You should be able to successfully connect after clearing your credentials.

Ian
    Infinite Kind Support

8. 8 Posted by Richard on 29 Oct, 2015 04:15 PM

Thanks for the help Ian

That seems to work. It was a little messy as I got 300+ duplicates in one investment account.

Richard

9. 9 Posted by Scott Meehan on 29 Oct, 2015 06:16 PM

Hi Richard,

I'm sorry to hear about the mess, but glad to hear that it's working now! Please let us know if we can be of further assistance!

Scott Meehan
    Infinite Kind Support

10. Scott Meehan closed this discussion on 29 Oct, 2015 06:16 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac