Problems w/ direct connect bill pay in 2019.2 (1868) not occurring in 2017.10 (1706)

hmd

23 Apr, 2019 07:11 PM

Hi:

I have two accounts set up w/ direct connect bill pay, Union Bank and US Bank. Using MD 2019.2 (1868), when selecting Online Bill Payment for either account, I get the below error message.

This error message does not occur if I use MD 2017.10 (1706) on the same accounts file.

There was an error communicating with your financial institution. The details of this error are below.

Bank Name: Union Bank - Quicken
Account: Union Bank ****
Account Number: ************

A communication or parsing error occurred. This could be the result of a network problem, a proxy error, or misconfigured server.
Error Description: java.io.IOException: HTTP Error:500 Internal Server Error
java.io.IOException: HTTP Error:500 Internal Server Error
at com.moneydance.apps.md.controller.olb.ofx.OFXConnection.sendMessage(OFXConnection.java:2744)
at com.moneydance.apps.md.controller.olb.ofx.OFXConnection.sendMessage(OFXConnection.java:2568)
at com.moneydance.apps.md.controller.olb.ofx.OFXConnection.syncPayeeList(OFXConnection.java:1731)
at com.moneydance.apps.md.controller.olb.ofx.OFXConnection.syncPayeeList(OFXConnection.java:1682)
at com.moneydance.apps.md.view.gui.OnlineManager$SyncPayeesRunnable.run(OnlineManager.java:974)
at com.moneydance.apps.md.view.gui.ProcessIndicator$TaskRunner.run(ProcessIndicator.java:34)
at com.moneydance.apps.md.view.gui.ProcessIndicator.invokeTask(ProcessIndicator.java:56)
at com.moneydance.apps.md.view.gui.OnlineManager.syncPayees(OnlineManager.java:277)
at com.moneydance.apps.md.view.gui.OnlineManager.syncPayments(OnlineManager.java:262)
at com.moneydance.apps.md.view.gui.OnlineManager.showBillsOnline(OnlineManager.java:210)
at com.moneydance.apps.md.view.gui.MoneydanceGUI.showOnlineBills(MoneydanceGUI.java:2800)
at com.moneydance.apps.md.view.gui.acctpanels.BankAcctPanel.actionPerformed(BankAcctPanel.java:409)
at com.moneydance.apps.md.view.gui.MDAction.actionPerformed(MDAction.java:162)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/com.apple.laf.ScreenMenuItem.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.MenuItem.processActionEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.MenuItem.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.MenuComponent.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.MenuComponent.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$5.run(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$5.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Sean Reilly on 23 Apr, 2019 09:59 PM

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that there are still 2019.2 problems for your connections. It's working fine in my testing so it'd be extremely helpful if I could do a screen sharing session with you. If that'd be ok, could you let me know what dates/times would be convenient for you as well as your time zone? I'm in UK time (UTC+0) and daytime or evening is OK.

Thanks,
    Sean

--
    Sean Reilly
    Developer, The Infinite Kind
    https://infinitekind.com

2. 2 Posted by hmd on 26 Apr, 2019 12:50 AM

Hi Sean:

I'll respond privately to set up the screen sharing session w/ you.

3. 3 Posted by david on 28 Apr, 2019 05:49 AM

FYI, I also started having this problem after upgrading to 2019.2 (1868) from 2019.1 (1855). My bank, however, is Wells Fargo.

4. 4 Posted by philtobias on 28 Apr, 2019 01:26 PM

Starting yesterday I have also been getting a similar java.io.IOException error (though with an HTTP Error:400 Bad Request). This is with Wells Fargo.

I can still download transactions from Wells Fargo, but cannot submit online payments.

Online bill payment was working prior to yesterday. Yesterday I updated macOS to High Sierra. Have been using MoneyDance 2019.2 (1868).

5. 5 Posted by hmd on 01 May, 2019 04:37 PM

After a screen sharing session w/ Sean, he made some changes in the infinitekind server which fixed my problems w/ both Union Bank and US Bank. See his description of how to get the latest server updates at the end of the thread entitled "Problems w/ USBank direct connect".

I can successfully download transactions from Wells Fargo, but don't have direct connect bill pay with that bank. If you continue to have problems w/ bill payments with that bank you may want to mention it here again and Sean could possibly try the same server update to see if that solves the problem w/ Wells Fargo. Or he could possibly set up a screen sharing session w/ you to diagnosis the WF problem.

Let me mention that the support from Infinite Kind is exceptional, even if it may take longer than desired to resolve problems. Quicken users also have direct connect complaints, including about Wells Fargo.... My view is it is better to support the small, multi-platform vendor. It pays off in the long term.

6. 6 Posted by david on 02 May, 2019 05:37 PM

FYI, I was able to resolve my issue with Wells Fargo by refreshing *all* of my online banking and bill pay accounts using Wells Fargo.

7. 7 Posted by philtobias on 03 May, 2019 04:46 PM

>> FYI, I was able to resolve my issue with Wells Fargo by refreshing *all* of my online banking and bill pay accounts using Wells Fargo.

What do you mean, David, about "refreshing" your accounts? Exactly what did you do to refresh them? Since I am still getting an error message when starting an online payment, I'm curious about the exact procedure you are suggesting.

Thanks. ...pt

8. 8 Posted by david on 03 May, 2019 08:22 PM

If you select a Moneydance account with an associated online bank account, and then select the "Online -> Set Up Online Banking" or "Online -> Set Up Online Bill Payment" menu options (depending on what you've enabled for that Moneydance account), you'll get a popup with a Refresh button. Just click on the button; it takes a few seconds.

I found that refreshing only the complaining Banking / Bill Paymnent account didn't work for me, so I did all of them associated with the same bank. I don't know if doing all was really necessary, but it did the trick.

9. 9 Posted by philtobias on 04 May, 2019 03:23 PM

>>then select the "Online -> Set Up Online Banking" or "Online -> Set Up Online Bill Payment" menu options (depending on what you've enabled for that Moneydance account)

Thanks, David, for the tip about "refreshing" (I didn't know that option was available) the online account.

That may have helped me, but I am still monitoring the situation. After first trying the two refresh options for the complaining account, a subsequent attempt to create an online payment resulted in the same error message.

But after a second refreshing of both options, I was able to successfully submit the next online bill payment - without an error.

So now I need to wait until I have another payment due, and see if the online bill payment still works then.

Thanks! ...pt

10. System closed this discussion on 03 Aug, 2019 03:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac