Can't merge transactions?!?

Jon

02 May, 2019 12:21 PM

New MoneyDance user and just tried downloading transactions from one of my Fidelity IRAs.

I'd spent some time before purchasing MoneyDance reading the online help and discussions, especially the online banking, since that's one of the main reasons I switched from Quicken - to get away from their forced upgrades to download transactions business model.

I just downloaded my transactions, and that worked great, but now I see I can only confirm transactions, there's no attempt to match existing transactions in my register, and according to https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/online-banking/12858-cant-merge-downloaded-transactions-in-investment-account-type there's no way to select two transactions manually and merge them.

Is this true? If there's no matching (automated or otherwise) what happens when I manually transfer money into my account for my annual contribution, and then download transactions? It sounds like I have to manually edit / remove transactions every time I download transactions.

1. 1 Posted by sth on 15 May, 2019 12:36 AM

It is true. Transaction matching and merging is done only for downloads for BANK accounts and not investment accounts.
    (Not IK support)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

22 Jul, 2019 03:52 PM
22 Jul, 2019 03:05 PM
22 Jul, 2019 02:34 PM