CapitalOne 360 Errors

james.mikesell

03 May, 2019 05:29 PM

Anyone else running into issues with importing downloaded bank transactions from CapitalOne 360 within the last day or two?

All downloaded transactions are showing up as debits / withdrawals, even deposits into the account. From what i can tell the problem is in the downloaded QFX file (OFX format with OFX headers). All transactions appear to be labeled as `<TRNTYPE>DEBIT</TRNTYPE>`, even deposits.

I called CapitalOne twice, and all i got was "not our problem". They refused to investigate further / open a ticket to get the correct CREDIT / DEBIT info placed into the qfx file.

Curious if any one else has tried contacting customer support in an effort to get this resolved?

MD Version 2017.10 (1706)

1. 1 Posted by Stephen Field on 04 May, 2019 01:58 PM

Exact same issue here. I have not called capital one. perhaps they changed the way they supply the data and IK needs to update the MD software??

2. 2 Posted by derekkent23 on 04 May, 2019 02:13 PM

I am not support just a user.

There is another thread relating to capital one see https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/problems/53744-capit...

Presume its the same capital one.

3. 3 Posted by Brian Riedel on 04 May, 2019 03:36 PM

Related CapitalOne 360 connection problem:

I'm trying to initially configure Direct Connect access and, after entering my CapOne credentials, I get the Moneydance error in attached image.

When I call Capital One, the nice agent tells me that they no longer enroll access codes, essentially an enterprise-wide security concern, and tried to redirect me to another desktop app that meets their security standards (e.g. Quicken).

4. 4 Posted by Stephen Field on 04 May, 2019 04:58 PM

I tried a CSV download and the credits also show up in the debit column, but as positive numbers. Never tried this before so not sure if this has changed.

5. 5 Posted by twilbur on 04 May, 2019 10:07 PM

I'm a Moneydance user (2019.2 build 1868) and a Capital One 360 customer (checking, savings), and I'm encountering the same problem (it's different today vs. last weekend). All transactions downloaded from the Capital One website into Moneydance using the QFX format show up as debits (i.e. deposits show up as withdrawals).

I just got off the phone with CapOne phone support, and they are aware of the issue. They are "collecting examples" so I sent them snippets of the QFX files, showing the same transaction from a download today and a download last weekend (thanks, Recycle Bin!).

In this week's download, the transaction was: <TRNTYPE>DEBIT</TRNTYPE>. In last week's download, the transaction was: <TRNTYPE>CREDIT</TRNTYPE>.

So they've got clear examples that have been reported to the development team. The dev team confirmed this was the same problem they'd already identified. They do not at this time have an ETA for a fix.

Here's hoping they fix it soon!

P.S. Side note: the agent also confirmed that the change from "download all accounts at once" to "download one account at a time" is an intentional change and is the way the site is expected to work going forward. I expressed my significant displeasure, indicating that this was a significant inconvenience, and am now researching other banks (which is true).

6. james.mikesell closed this discussion on 05 May, 2019 03:33 AM.

7. james.mikesell re-opened this discussion on 05 May, 2019 03:33 AM

8. 6 Posted by james.mikesell on 05 May, 2019 03:36 AM

9. james.mikesell closed this discussion on 05 May, 2019 03:37 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac