Remove account

trackwolf

04 May, 2019 01:29 AM

How do I remove an account from online banking?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Henry on 04 May, 2019 01:49 PM

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.
    To disable the connection:
    1) Open your bank account register in Moneydance
    2) Select Online->Setup Online Banking from the menu bar
    3) Click the Disable button.

--
    Henry, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by trackwolf on 05 May, 2019 01:27 AM

See step 1 image (after Step 1).

See step 2 image (after step 2).

I do not see a 'Disable Button'.

Any help?

Mike

Sent: Saturday, May 04, 2019 at 8:49 AM
    To: [email blocked]
    Subject: Re: Remove account [Online Banking #13114]
    <!--pre { width: 92.0%; margin: 10.0px 2.0%; padding: 5.0px 2.0%; background: rgb(239,239,239); border: 1.0px solid rgb(214,214,214); } blockquote { margin-left: 0; padding-left: 1.0em; border-left: 5.0px solid rgb(204,204,204); } -->

// Please reply above this line
    ==================================================

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.
    To disable the connection:
    1) Open your bank account register in Moneydance
    2) Select Online->Setup Online Banking from the menu bar
    3) Click the Disable button.

--

On Fri, May 03 at 06:29 PM PDT, trackwolf wrote:

How do I remove an account from online banking?

Having trouble reading this? View this PRIVATE discussion online: Remove account.

To unsubscribe and stop receiving emails from https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com, visit this page

3. 3 Posted by trackwolf on 09 May, 2019 01:20 AM

Any word as to why I do not have a 'Disable' button?

Thanks!

4. 4 Posted by trackwolf on 10 May, 2019 01:07 AM

I found how to get to the 'Disable' button and was able to disable two accounts. I click the 'Disable' button for the USAA accounts (checking and saving) but they do not drop off the list like the other two did. And the last account won't finish setup so I cannot even get to the screen where the 'Disable' button is. Any help?

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Henry on 10 May, 2019 01:56 PM

I'm very sorry about the delay, I have missed your last messages.
    You need to click on Online --> Setup Online Banking. If a connection is already setup, a window will appear that shows which bank you’re connected to and ‘Disable’ should be an option.

I have added a screenshot of what you should see.
    (this will only appear if a connection is already enabled)

--

6. 6 Posted by trackwolf on 10 May, 2019 02:02 PM

No problem, Henry.

That is what I did and I was able to remove two of the four accounts.  However their is one, USAA, that when I try that on the checking and savings accounts I can see the Disable button and I click it for both but the USAA account still displays in the Online Accounts list.  For the last account I cannot finish the setup process for it so I cannot get to the screen to disable it.  It keeps trying to setup, which fails everytime.

If you want I can get screen shots (once I get home).

Cheers!

Sent: Friday, May 10, 2019 at 8:56 AM
    <!--pre { width: 92.0%; margin: 10.0px 2.0%; padding: 5.0px 2.0%; background: rgb(239,239,239); border: 1.0px solid rgb(214,214,214); } blockquote { margin-left: 0; padding-left: 1.0em; border-left: 5.0px solid rgb(204,204,204); } -->

You need to click on Online --> Setup Online Banking. If a connection is already setup, a window will appear that shows which bank you’re connected to and ‘Disable’ should be an option.

--

On Thu, May 09 at 06:07 PM PDT, trackwolf wrote:

I found how to get to the 'Disable' button and was able to disable two accounts. I click the 'Disable' button for the USAA accounts (checking and saving) but they do not drop off the list like the other two did. And the last account won't finish setup so I cannot even get to the screen where the 'Disable' button is. Any help?

Having trouble reading this? View this discussion online: Remove account.

To unsubscribe and stop receiving emails from https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com, visit this page

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Henry on 10 May, 2019 02:11 PM

Would it be possible for you to let me know which version and build number of Moneydance you currently have installed?
    To do this, open Moneydance and select Help --> About Moneydance (or Moneydance --> About Moneydance on a Mac) where the version and build number will be displayed.

I'm wondering if there is a version issue that causes this.
    We still have the option to use a script to fix this if everything else fails.

--

8. 8 Posted by trackwolf on 10 May, 2019 02:17 PM

I will do that as soon as I get home tonight.

Cheers!

Sent: Friday, May 10, 2019 at 9:11 AM

Would it be possible for you to let me know which version and build number of Moneydance you currently have installed?
    To do this, open Moneydance and select Help --> About Moneydance (or Moneydance --> About Moneydance on a Mac) where the version and build number will be displayed.

--

On Fri, May 10 at 07:02 AM PDT, trackwolf wrote:

No problem, Henry.

That is what I did and I was able to remove two of the four accounts.  However their is one, USAA, that when I try that on the checking and savings accounts I can see the Disable button and I click it for both but the USAA account still displays in the Online Accounts list.  For the last account I cannot finish the setup process for it so I cannot get to the screen to disable it.  It keeps trying to setup, which fails everytime.

Cheers!

--

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by Henry on 10 May, 2019 02:38 PM

I have added the script just in case.
    Before proceeding, please back up your Moneydance data set, just in case something goes wrong. You can create a backup using the File --> Export Backup menu option.

To use the .py file, first save it to your computer and then follow these steps:

1. In Moneydance, select Window --> MoneyBot Console.
    2. In the window that opens, select 'Open Script' then navigate to the .py file wherever you saved it on your system.
    3. Select 'Run' to execute the file.
    4. Wait a few moments until you see a message on screen, confirming the script has run successfully.
    5. Restart Moneydance.

--

10. 10 Posted by trackwolf on 11 May, 2019 11:18 AM

Henry,

Attached is the build information you asked me to send you.

Cheers!

Sent: Friday, May 10, 2019 at 9:11 AM

--

On Fri, May 10 at 07:02 AM PDT, trackwolf wrote:

No problem, Henry.

Cheers!

--

11. System closed this discussion on 10 Aug, 2019 11:20 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac