Downloading transactions from Citibank/Qantas Money

Leanne Hayward

05 May, 2019 06:43 AM

Hello,
I have just changed credit cards to Qantas Money, operated by Citibank.
It seems the only format to download transactions so that I can reconcile accounts is ".csv"

is this correct?

How do I import a "csv" file to Moneydance?

thank you in advance for your help,

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 05 May, 2019 07:50 AM

I'm a fellow user.

It is pretty unlikely that anyone other than a customer would be aware or able to find out what formats an institution would offer, this sort of detail is often not provided on public accessible web sites.

The two most common formats that are usually offered to Australian customers are QIF and CSV, you often do not see OFX/QFX which is a newer format.

CSV stands for comma separated values, it is a table type format. The inbuilt Import menu option can handle these sort of files, the Moneydance folks also have an external extension that can handle these files (installed via Extension --> Manage Extensions and there is a user written CSV importer which has more capability and options, this can be downloaded from https://github.com/stant/mdcsvimporter2015/releases there is a guide to this towards the bottom of the web page.

You can try all three and see what works the best for you

If available QIF is a better option and OFX a better option again.

2. 2 Posted by Leanne Hayward on 21 May, 2019 09:25 AM

Thank You!
    Have been away on holiday, and will try your suggestions soon!
    Thanks so much,

Leanne Hayward
    Sent from my I Pad

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac