Clear account metadata for online connection

Brandon

12 May, 2019 06:26 AM

Hello,

I have been trying to setup a number of accounts with online banking connections to Tangerine Bank.

I track several Tangerine accounts, some of which belong to me, others to my wife.
We therefore have these accounts with the same institution, but with different user names and passwords.

When I try to download transactions for some of the accounts, the Authentication window auto-populates the User ID field with the wrong User ID, (ie. when downloading one of my accounts, it will auto-populate the User ID for my wife and therefore will not work).

I believe this may be the result of me inputting the incorrect User ID when I first set up the online connection, but there doesn't appear to be anyway to change this after the fact. In the 'online banking service' window of the effected accounts, I've tried the "change" command, and also the "Disable" commend to correct the log-in info, but the User ID still defaults to the wrong value.

I found a discussion similar to this from 2011 which seems to present a solution, located here (see post 5 from Jessica Little): https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/financial-institution-direct-connection-support-requests/382-vanguard-download-http-error400
However, the script that is provided appears to be out of date and doesn't not execute properly in the moneybot console.

I'd like to clear the online connection data for these accounts from where ever it is cached so that I can reprogram them from an entirely clean slate.

Thank you for any assistance you can offer.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Henry on 13 May, 2019 05:06 PM

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for contacting us.
    I've attached a script that will remove a connection. Before proceeding, please back up your Moneydance data set, just in case something goes wrong. You can create a backup using the File --> Export Backup menu option.

To use the .py file, first save it to your computer and then follow these steps:

1. In Moneydance, select Window --> MoneyBot Console.
    2. In the window that opens, select 'Open Script' then navigate to the .py file wherever you saved it on your system.
    3. Select 'Run' to execute the file.
    4. Wait a few moments until you see a message on screen, confirming the script has run successfully.
    5. Restart Moneydance.

--
    Henry, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Brandon on 25 May, 2019 06:30 PM

Thanks,
    That worked

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Henry on 26 May, 2019 09:07 AM

Thank you for letting me know and I'm very glad to see that everything works!
    I'll close this discussion for now, but don't hesitate to get back in touch if you have further questions or need any assistance.

Have a great Sunday!

--
    Henry, Infinite Kind Support

4. Henry closed this discussion on 26 May, 2019 09:07 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

22 Jul, 2019 04:24 PM
22 Jul, 2019 03:52 PM
22 Jul, 2019 03:05 PM