duplicates

bill

17 May, 2019 05:25 PM

first time I used and downloaded transactions direct from bank I got many duplicate entries into my register. I tried the different options and merge was mostly closest to the original. Some options didn't match at all. I want to keep all the date and transaction information as originally entered or imported into the register.
How do I delete the duplicate downloads, mark the originals as cleared and stop them from downloading again.
bill

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 17 May, 2019 05:47 PM

Hi Bill,

The first time that Moneydance connects to your bank's server, it downloads any and all available data.

It is correct to 'Merge' the downloaded data with any existing data.

When in doubt, it is always best to keep the downloaded transaction over keeping the existing transaction. Doing so prevents it from being downloaded again.

If necessary, you can change the Date / Description / Category of the downloaded data to match that of the existing data, then 'Merge' the two.

To delete a transaction, simply select (highlight) it and either tap the 'DELETE' key on your keyboard OR right-click it (CTRL-click for Mac) and select 'Delete' from the resulting context menu.

Make sure to 'Confirm' all transactions so as to initiate the 'learning' process of the correlation between the 'Description' field and the 'Category' field.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac