M & T Bank Online Bank

mbdavison

17 Jul, 2019 02:22 PM

Have you given up on M & T Bank Direct Connect? Please, please, please HELP ME OUT.

1. 1 Posted by mbdavison on 17 Jul, 2019 02:24 PM

I have not been able to connect to M&T bank for months. I have been very patient. Are you just ignoring the problem? Or are you waiting for me to give up and buy Quicken?

2. 2 Posted by melissa.hines on 17 Jul, 2019 04:14 PM

In exactly the same boat here. I have tried contacting support directly about this as well, but never receive a reply. Please let us know whether you have abandoned this problem so that we can migrate to other software.

3. 3 Posted by derekkent23 on 17 Jul, 2019 05:24 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.

Another user was having problems with M&T direct connect.
    I posted a link for Sean’s the software developer of Moneydance attention on his Slack site and he responded at https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/problems/55082-qif-i...

It looks like Sean is away this week so not shore if anything was resolved before he left.
    Perhaps post in that thread.

Hope this helps.

4. 4 Posted by mbdavison on 23 Jul, 2019 03:12 PM

Thank you, derekkent23. I sent a message directly to Sean.

5. 5 Posted by melissa.hines on 25 Jul, 2019 03:13 PM

mbdavidson, did you receive a response from Sean? Is there hope that this will be fixed soon, or is it time to bail? I have sent two direct messages to InfiniteKind support about this and have received no response.

6. 6 Posted by mbdavison on 25 Jul, 2019 03:26 PM

Yes, he is “on” my computer now, trying to work out the solution

Sent from my iPhone

7. 7 Posted by melissa.hines on 25 Jul, 2019 03:40 PM

Woo hoo! Fingers crossed for a solution.

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Sean Reilly on 01 Aug, 2019 04:00 PM

Hi Margaret and Melissa,

OK, I believe that the newest preview version of Moneydance now should work with connections to M&T Bank. It works in every test I've done on the Mac and Windows as well as in a series of tests that tried many different variations to the connection parameters.

Would you mind installing Moneydance from the preview page (link below) and letting me know if it doesn't resolve the problem?

https://infinitekind.com/preview

Thanks!
    Sean

--
    Sean Reilly
    Developer, The Infinite Kind
    https://infinitekind.com

9. 9 Posted by melissa.hines on 01 Aug, 2019 04:39 PM

Dear Sean,

Thank you for your efforts, but this version does the same things as previous versions. It does not seem to be able to find the M&T server(s).

I first tried to download my account status, but that led to a long SWOD (5 min?) and then an error message (I think about not being able to reach server).

I then went in to Setup Online Banking and tried to “refresh,” which also led to a SWOD. When I tried “Reset Sync,” there was no hang, but nothing seemed to happen either.

This is all using version 2019.4 (1887) downloaded from the link you sent on a Mac running 10.14.6.

Happy to try any other suggestions.

Melissa

On Aug 1, 2019, at 12:00 PM, Sean Reilly <[email blocked]<mailto:[email blocked]>> wrote:

10. 10 Posted by mbdavison on 04 Aug, 2019 06:13 PM

No luck here It stops at “Retrieving financial institution profile…”.

Margaret Davison

11. 11 Posted by melissa.hines on 13 Aug, 2019 09:14 PM

Dear Sean,

Thank you again for you efforts. Is there any hope for the M&T Bank problem?

Thanks,

Melissa

12. 12 Posted by mbdavison on 20 Aug, 2019 04:44 PM

I GIVE UP. I HAVE JUST INCURRED OVER $20 IN INTEREST AND LATE CHARGES BECAUSE OF THE INABILITY TO SYNCE MY ONLINE BANKING WITH MY TRANSACTIONS ON MONEYDANCE. I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED.

13. Support Staff 13 Posted by Sean Reilly on 20 Aug, 2019 09:12 PM

Hi Melissa and Margaret,
    I am still working on this but sadly have not found a fix. To be honest I'm not having any problem on my computer and still trying to figure out what the difference could be.

I'm adding some debugging information related to low-level http/tls connections now, after which it would be helpful to do a screen sharing session with either of you to gather the data an analyse the differences. If you're ok with doing that screen sharing could you let me know what date/time would be most convenient as well as your time zone?

Thanks,
    Sean

--
    Sean Reilly
    Developer, The Infinite Kind
    https://infinitekind.com

14. 14 Posted by melissa.hines on 20 Aug, 2019 09:20 PM

Hi Sean,

I am in EST, the same time zone as New York City. Tomorrow, my only commitment is 10:15 am - 11:30 am EST. On Thursday, my only commitment is 12:45 pm - 1:45 pm EST. On Friday, I am available after 10 am EST.

In general, it would be easiest for me to be available after 9 am EST, but I could do earlier (from home) if need be.

I will be traveling Saturday - Monday.

Let me know if anytime in these windows works for you and if there is any info you need me to get or software to install prior.

Thanks again,

Melissa

15. Support Staff 15 Posted by Sean Reilly on 20 Aug, 2019 09:35 PM

Hi Melissa,

Thank you so much for your help with this. Tomorrow at or after 9am your time would be ideal.

If you install and run the TeamViewer QS app from the following link I'll be able to prompt you for a connection once it's running:
      https://get.teamviewer.com/tikhelp

Thanks!
    Sean

16. 16 Posted by melissa.hines on 20 Aug, 2019 09:37 PM

Sean,

Great! I’ll be ready at 9 am EST tomorrow morning.

With fingers crossed,

Melissa

On Aug 20, 2019, at 5:35 PM, Sean Reilly <[email blocked]<mailto:[email blocked]>> wrote:

17. 17 Posted by melissa.hines on 21 Aug, 2019 01:01 PM

Sean,

At my desk with TeamViewer QS running.

Melissa

18. Support Staff 18 Posted by Sean Reilly on 21 Aug, 2019 02:06 PM

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for helping me out by working with me on the teamviewer session. I'm sorry that I still couldn't get the connection working, but appreciate your offer to provide a test computer. If that does turn out to be possible could you share the access details via iMessage/Messages to [email blocked]?

Thanks,
    Sean

19. 19 Posted by melissa.hines on 21 Aug, 2019 02:07 PM

Will do! Hopefully in a few hours.

Melissa

20. 20 Posted by mbdavison on 29 Aug, 2019 01:11 PM

Did you have any luck?

Margaret Davison
    Silver Creek, NY

21. 21 Posted by melissa.hines on 29 Aug, 2019 08:02 PM

Margaret,

Yes and no. Here is the info from the other thread about M&T Banking problems (https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/online-banking/13402-mt-direct-connect-is-not-work-is-ik-working-on-it):

Last week, Sean logged onto my laptop remotely and confirmed that (1) he can access the M&T servers just fine on his computer, but (2) the exact same process fails on my computer. (By process I mean both Moneydance and queries issued from Terminal.) Subsequent to this, I set up an old laptop in my office that Sean can access remotely and configure as needed. He spent quite a while working on this computer last Friday (Aug 23) and verified again that there is some very subtle difference between my computers and his.

To quantify this effort, the total use of my computers last week was about 1 hour on Wednesday and maybe a few hours on Friday. In other words, a not inconsiderable effort.

While I, too, am frustrated, I am willing to hang in there a while longer as long as he is working on the issue.

Sean provided a little more information later in that thread. He is continuing to work on the problem. Now that he has a system on which to test the problem, I am hopeful that he will make more progress soon.

Melissa

22. 22 Posted by mbdavison on 29 Aug, 2019 09:06 PM

Thank you, Melissa. I was unaware of this thread.

Margaret Davison

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac