Bank of the West

hyesteve

27 Jul, 2019 04:52 PM

I have been using Moneydance with my bank of West account for years, but now in the past few months I have not been able to connect. Tried disabling and starting again, but only get this:

There was an error communicating with your financial institution. The details of this error are below.

Bank Name: Bank of The West

A communication or parsing error occurred. This could be the result of a network problem, a proxy error, or misconfigured server.
Error Description: javax.net.ssl.SSLProtocolException: Connection reset

1. 1 Posted by randymoore1960 on 28 Jul, 2019 03:55 PM

I have the same problem, I was told the bank updated the security system, So i guess we are with out money dance.

2. 2 Posted by randymoore1960 on 28 Jul, 2019 03:57 PM

I have use MD with BOTW for the last 10 years with no problems.

3. 3 Posted by hyesteve on 28 Jul, 2019 08:46 PM

Well it was working for me also up until about three weeks ago and it has all stopped working.

4. 4 Posted by Dennis on 29 Jul, 2019 07:13 PM

Same problem with Bank of the West. My original thread was made private & sitting unresolved for last 20 days.

5. 5 Posted by Chris on 31 Jul, 2019 05:17 AM

Same thing here. It broke a few weeks ago, and I wrote BotW 20-30 messages via their web site until they finally wrote back and said yes, they're having problems and there is no estimate of when it will be fixed. I found that I couldn't import downloaded .qfx files either with my old Moneydance 2015, so upgraded to 2019, but that didn't solve the direct connect problem. My solution was to open a checking account with Discover, and I've almost finished switching over all my tons of regular transactions..... Will just deposit $1/month to keep the BotW account alive in case we need a physical bank for some reason.

6. System closed this discussion on 30 Oct, 2019 05:20 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac