Account not found error code 2003

Raymond Jessen

08 Aug, 2019 04:13 PM

When I try to download transactions from American Express credit cards I get today account not found error 2003. The accounts have not changed and I can log on to American Express and confirm balances. What is the problem?

Showing page 2 out of 2. View the first page

1. 31 Posted by s22qm6677jo2 on 10 Aug, 2019 09:02 PM

David, the account number may not be gibberish at all. Instead, it might be something you'll hopefully see more of in the future: a one-way hash or encryption of your account number, so that there is no direct correspondence between what you see on the card and what you use to access the account. I think either Social Security or Medicare is doing something like that, so that having someone's Social Security number won't allow you to get into their account, which uses a different (perhaps derived) "number" (usually including letters A-Z).

JBaca, I've never completely quit using Quicken Mac 2007; I still use it in tandem with Moneydance because I'm less than sanguine about Moneydance's future based on its lack of customer service responsiveness. Curiously, Quicken Mac 2007 had the same problem on the same day, and after deleting and re-establishing online access, it now shows the same weird "account number".

2. 32 Posted by avp2 on 12 Aug, 2019 09:07 PM

The disable/enale (from the new connection institution drop-down list) worked for me using latest Mac build.

The "gibberish" does indeed seem to be an AE required hash. It would, however, be nice if MD was updated to (continue to) show the real account ID/s in user access screens, even when a such a hash is needed.

3. 33 Posted by chaoticmoss on 13 Aug, 2019 12:03 AM

This comment was split into a new private discussion: Account not found error code 2003

I tried David's instructions above and got the following error, which complained that the date was too far in the future?!

There was an error communicating with your financial institution. The details of this error are below.

Bank Name: American Express

The error code reported by the server was: 2015

Date too far in future

4. 34 Posted by jbaca16 on 13 Aug, 2019 12:07 AM

Metoo…I think MD staff is looking into that.
    I sent them that error code

--
    Jim Baca
    2309 Via Madrid Dr. NW
    Albuquerque, NM 87104
    505 263-9995

5. 35 Posted by david.atherton on 16 Aug, 2019 04:21 AM

It's now a whole week since this AMEX error first surfaced. Why on earth haven't Infinite Kind staff addressed this publicly? They have acknowledged being aware of the issue, but are now silent.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

6. Support Staff 36 Posted by Jenny on 16 Aug, 2019 08:56 AM

Hi all,

Sorry to hear about the problems you've encountered.

There have been a number of problems with the American Express connection recently - I believe they've been doing updates/maintenance to their servers which has caused numerous temporary outages.

A member of the support team responded to this thread on 10th August, but I must apologise if the steps to get this resolved were not made clear in that earlier reply.

If you are seeing the 2003 error - 'Account Not Found', you should try to recreate the connection with your bank. This has resolved the issue for nearly all of our customers.

You will need to disable your current connection and then recreate it using the New Connection button on the Online Banking Setup screen. To do so, you can follow these steps:

1. Select your bank account in Moneydance

2. Select Online --> Setup Online Banking
    3. Click the "Disable" button. If you don't see this button, just close the window.

4. Repeat the previous steps for any additional accounts at the same institution.
    5. Select Online --> Setup Online Banking (again)

6. Click the "New Connection" button and select your bank and hit OK
    7. Continue with the setup process, entering your username/password

Make sure you pick "New Connection", even though your bank is still one of the connection choices after you disable it. Choosing your bank from the long list of available banks will force Moneydance to download the updated information, which should then allow you to connect.

If you continue to encounter problems after following these steps, you may see a new error - 2015, 'Date too far in future'.
    If recreating the connection doesn't fix the problems, please create a new seperate discussion, we'll troubleshoot further to get this resolved.

--
    Jenny, Infinite Kind Support

7. 37 Posted by david.atherton on 16 Aug, 2019 02:48 PM

Jenny,

Thank you for your detailed response which is in line with my earlier suggestions. However, you haven’t addressed what I called the gibberish account number which is automatically inserted instead of the real CC number. This may be a 2nd level of new security introduced by AMEX, but I found that if I changed this info to re-insert my actual CC number, the connection failed once again. So, maybe your instructions should also include “Do not change the newly inserted account number”.

8. 38 Posted by jbaca16 on 16 Aug, 2019 08:11 PM

I followed these directions and they did not work for me. I was sent a
    rather complicated work around that I don’t feel comfortable in pursuing
    for fear of losing data or pushing a wrong button. So I will just manually
    download AMEX from now on and then buy something other than moneydance in
    the near future.

--
    Jim Baca
    2309 Via Madrid Dr. NW
    Albuquerque, NM 87104
    505 263-9995

9. 39 Posted by tahartman on 16 Aug, 2019 09:07 PM

Followed Jenny;s instructions. I got no error message, but no data was downloaded. Jenny, what next?

10. 40 Posted by Julie Herd on 20 Aug, 2019 02:04 PM

I followed the instructions, and DID NOT change the account number that was auto-inserted (confirmed last 5 matched my account) and the download is working properly again.

11. 41 Posted by david.atherton on 20 Aug, 2019 09:07 PM

It's now almost two weeks since this AMEX issue surfaced and Infinite Kind have yet to give any kind of explanation as to why the auto-inserted account number is different. I can only assume that no-one from their Tech Dept knows the answer, or that their Customer Support simply can't be bothered to find out.

I have stood by this company and its patchy support for many years, but this kind of issue needs to be addressed comprehensively and quickly or it will haemmorage customers at a very fast pace.

12. 42 Posted by tahartman on 20 Aug, 2019 09:24 PM

My guess is that Amex changed something on their end. Re-establishing the connection and upgrading to newest MD version appears to have worked for me.

Sent from my iPhone

13. 43 Posted by david.atherton on 20 Aug, 2019 09:29 PM

tahartman: I'm glad that you're back up and running; however there are others in this thread that have not been as successful. I still find it quite unbelievable that a company can leave this issue to fester without explaining the technical problems.

14. 44 Posted by chaoticmoss on 20 Aug, 2019 09:29 PM

David, why would it possibly matter that the number looks different? It is imperative that we can download transactions, yes, but if the number is generated for us upon setting up the connection and we don't have to come up with it, who cares? For all we know that weird number with our last four at the end could just be an AMEX security measure, or an internal AMEX identifier.

Infinite Kind has been very responsive and helpful to me, as I went through multiple iterations before finally arriving at a solution that worked, as reported in the thread on error 2015 (that followed error 2003). I hope you and everyone on this thread gets their transaction syncing resolved, and let's not get too distracted by a funny looking number that I am happy to report will serve its mysterious purpose just fine once the syncing errors are resolved.

15. 45 Posted by chaoticmoss on 20 Aug, 2019 09:31 PM

To save anyone the trouble of looking, after setting up a new connection, the last step that did it for me in the 2015 thread was the "reset sync" option in the dialog to set up a new connection

16. 46 Posted by jbaca16 on 20 Aug, 2019 09:37 PM

Reset sync got mine working. Wonders never cease

--
    Jim Baca
    2309 Via Madrid Dr. NW
    Albuquerque, NM 87104
    505 263-9995

17. 47 Posted by tahartman on 20 Aug, 2019 09:45 PM

I’ve had multiple communications with MD to help me through this. Again, I think the issue is on Amex’s end. I’ve used MD for over 10 years and have rarely had problems. Staff have been responsive and I commend them.

Sent from my iPhone

18. 48 Posted by david.atherton on 20 Aug, 2019 09:51 PM

I'm glad some folks have found that MD have reached out individually to solve their problems. Great. But, since this is a public forum, why aren't they more responsive here? It's almost as if they only monitor these threads casually, and think that we, the users, will collectively figure out solutions.

19. 49 Posted by chaoticmoss on 20 Aug, 2019 09:54 PM

Fair point David

20. 50 Posted by wlg80528 on 23 Aug, 2019 01:41 PM

Followed instructions in #36. Worked for me.

21. 51 Posted by Jim on 24 Aug, 2019 03:30 AM

Instructions in #36 worked for me too.

22. 52 Posted by Neil on 07 Sep, 2019 05:59 PM

Jenny/Support Staff's instructions in #36 also worked for me. Thanks!!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac