Citi will no longer download to this financial software message

Raymond Jessen

31 Aug, 2019 11:19 PM

Tried to download my citi credit card numbers and got a message that due to security upgrades citi would no longer download to this financial software and told me to have my software provider to contact them. WHAT NOW?

Showing page 3 out of 3. View the first page

1. 61 Posted by mondan on 10 Sep, 2019 01:45 PM

I found my issue with the Citi Card 2000 error!

Although my card is issued by Citi, it is an ATT Universal card, and I had always used Citi Cards as the financial institution, BUT I just noticed that there is an ATT Universal listing on the financial institutions. Once I selected ATT Universal instead of Citi Cards, and enabled the 10 minute timer at the Citi website, I was connected! I downloaded my recent transactions, right now everything is good.

If your Citi Card carries some other label check to see if it is on the financial institution listing, if it is try setting up online banking using that institution rather that Citi Cards. As always YMMV.

2. 62 Posted by don.gregory on 10 Sep, 2019 03:58 PM

mondan - that may have solved my problem. I was able to add my AT&T Universal card back and (apparently ) download transactions with no error messages. I say 'apparently' because I currently have none outstanding. But MD did the process and seems happy.

The Citi site is not currently reporting any authorized apps, but that might be a timing thing. I'll check back.

3. 63 Posted by jdwhite on 11 Sep, 2019 06:14 PM

This comment was split into a new private discussion: Citi will no longer download to this financial software message

Still not getting around the 13504 error. Jenny -- any updates or other troubleshooting to try?

4. 64 Posted by mbrown305 on 11 Sep, 2019 10:02 PM

Changed my password and reauthorized this app on my Citibank account/website. I'm still getting a 2000 error message that my information doesn't match the records.

5. 65 Posted by don.gregory on 15 Sep, 2019 05:41 PM

Aaand it's broken again.

I'm getting the feeling Citi really does not want our business.

6. 66 Posted by chris on 16 Sep, 2019 07:30 PM

I got this same error for the first time, today. Worked fine at the beginning of September.

My card is an actual Citi card, not AT&T or some other licensee/partner/whatever.

7. 67 Posted by chris on 16 Sep, 2019 07:40 PM

Ok, quick follow-up... The steps in post #14 on page 1 of this thread worked for me. I didn't see that post initially, as my online search brought me straight to page 3 of the comments.

8. 68 Posted by mondan on 17 Sep, 2019 02:17 PM

Switching to ATT Universal card worked for a week, but am now getting the following error message

"There was an error communicating with your financial institution. The details of this error are below.

Bank Name: AT&T Universal Card

The error code reported by the server was: 2000

Due to security improvements, connection to this financial software will be shut down on 09/07/2019. Please request your financial management software contact Citi at [email blocked]."

Tried using Citi Cards no joy there either.

As I read the error message Citi has security concerns and needs someone at Money dance to contact them and work out what needs to take place to let Moneydance access accounts on Citi.

Can anyone confirm that this is not just an ATT Universal card issue but all Citi Cards?

Thanks.....

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Citi_Error_Message.png 91.5 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac