Unable to download Discovercard transactions

ooteschoogen

12 Sep, 2019 11:26 PM

When I try to download my Discovercard transactions I get this error.

There was an error communicating with your financial institution. The details of this error are below.

Bank Name: Discover Card
Account: Discover 2
Account Number: Discovr94X34X2777XXXXX

A communication or parsing error occurred. This could be the result of a network problem, a proxy error, or misconfigured server.
Error Description: java.io.IOException: HTTP Error:403 Forbidden

Showing page 3 out of 3. View the first page

1. 61 Posted by csk137 on 02 Oct, 2019 05:04 AM

Well, I was getting by downloading a file from my Discover checking account and importing that into Moneydance (until either Moneydance finds a fix or I find another bank), but as of today even that doesn't work anymore. I get "There's something wrong with this file. Please try again" and "We regret there was a problem loading your account activity." Discover's really putting some effort into breaking things by leaps and bounds.

2. Support Staff 62 Posted by Sean Reilly on 04 Oct, 2019 08:31 AM

Oh wow, that's not good. Would it be possible to send me a copy of the console logs when this error message is displayed? I might be able to work around it if the file isn't a complete disaster :)

If you'd prefer to send the logs or (even better) the downloaded file to me directly that'd be fine too. Here's a link to my dropbox upload-only folder: https://www.dropbox.com/request/MWl0JDdufTqlKiJUQtqz

Thanks,
    Sean

3. 63 Posted by csk137 on 04 Oct, 2019 04:14 PM

Hi Sean--to clarify, the error message that I reported "There's something wrong with this file. Please try again" was not a Moneydance error. Since Discover direct downloads into Moneydance broke, I've been downloading a transactions Quicken file and importing into Moneydance, and it was the downloading of that file that was generating the message. So purely a Discover thing, not a Moneydance thing. And the problem went away after a day too.....

4. 64 Posted by avonderluft on 13 Oct, 2019 01:02 AM

Has there been this, Sean? It is a troublesome problem. My experience is like some others described in this thread, viz. it fails silently. The way I know it has failed is by looking at the date on the Ledger Balance (it doesn't update to current).

5. 65 Posted by kwbear on 13 Oct, 2019 04:50 PM

Is Infinite Kind working to try to resolve the Discover problem? I know this is not a simple issue but some status report would be appreciated.

6. Support Staff 66 Posted by Sean Reilly on 14 Oct, 2019 02:42 PM

Hi kwbear,

Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be able to resolve this in the short term. Discover has seemingly disconnected their service and we don't know of any alternative. We are working on a longer-term alternative that will allow Moneydance to talk to any bank that has a web interface, but that's not ready yet.

Thanks,
    Sean

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac