Connecting to my bank

Meret

26 Nov, 2019 03:26 PM

I need help doing this, please. I found instructions that say to select "Actions". Where do I find that option?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 26 Nov, 2019 04:33 PM

Hi Meret,
    Thank you for contacting Moneydance support.

Which version and build of Moneydance are you using?
    To check, open Moneydance and select Help --> About Moneydance (or Moneydance --> About Moneydance on a Mac) where the version and build number will be displayed.

Action field signifies the type of transaction within the registerof an Investments account. This can be one of the following:

• Buy Purchase shares of a security from funds in the account.

• BuyXfr Purchase shares of a security using funds from another account.

• Sell Sell shares of a security and deposit funds into the account.

• SellXfr Sell shares of a security, placing the funds into another account.

• Div Dividends earned for a specific security and deposit funds into the account.

• DivReinvest Dividends earned for a specific security and used to purchase more shares of that security.

• DivXfr Dividends earned for a specific security and transferred to another account.

• Short Sell shares of a security that you do not own, in the hope that those shares will go down in value and can be purchased for less.

• Cover Purchase shares that were previously shorted.

• MiscInc Miscellaneous income associated with a specific security.

• MiscExp Miscellaneous expense associated with a specific security.

• Xfr Transfer funds to or from this investment account, including income or expenses not associated with a specific security.

The same is outlined in this article on the Investment Account Registers and also this one on Creating an Investment Account.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have further questions or need any assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. System closed this discussion on 25 Feb, 2020 04:40 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac