Capital One Credit Card

MBates

03 Jan, 2020 04:53 AM

I just purchased Moneydance. I had no trouble connecting to my bank, but I cannot figure out how to connect my Capital One Credit Card for online banking. I don't see it listed. It worked with Quicken, Thanks.

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 03 Jan, 2020 05:12 AM

I'm a fellow user.

If you are referring to Capital One 360 they removed their support for Direct Connect some time ago. Direct Connect is the only open protocol for automated transaction downloads. You can still download and import transactions however. See:

https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/online-banking/11396-download-from-capital-one-360-broken/page/1#comment_46535359

Quicken is most likely using Web Connect which is a Quicken owned proprietary protocol and not available for general use to other vendors.

2. 2 Posted by MBates on 03 Jan, 2020 04:29 PM

It is just a regular Capital One Credit Card. Does this mean that Moneydance does not keep the info in the cloud? That is, if I check my phone app, will it have up-to-date information on my bank and credit card, or do I have to download that information from my computer?

3. 3 Posted by derekkent23 on 03 Jan, 2020 05:58 PM

I am not support staff, just a user
    Hi MBates

Regarding syncing between computers and mobile devices including phones, provided you have at least a free Dropbox account you can sync devices. Enter a transaction on one of your computers and it should appear on the other computers and phones automatically within 60 seconds. The data sent to Dropbox is end to end encrypted with the key being held on your devices only not in the cloud.
    To set up syncing see https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/kb/syncing-and-sharing-data

Hope this helps

4. Ethan closed this discussion on 01 Feb, 2020 10:09 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac