Error downloading from TIAA CREF

cookie87

04 Jan, 2020 02:05 AM

Hi, I have not been able to download from TIAA CREF for a few weeks now. I get a "no trusted certificate" error. Any ideas?

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 04 Jan, 2020 03:01 AM

I'm a fellow user.

No Trusted certificate most often means that your financial institution has retired an older security certificate (or it has expired) and the version of Moneydance you are using does not have the newer certificate that is now required,

2. 2 Posted by cookie87 on 04 Jan, 2020 03:22 AM

Ahah, which means I likely have to contact TIAA? Have you received other complaints about this? To be honest, I have not updated to the new version as a protest: I and many other customers have been asking for years for the reconciliation feature to be added to investment accounts and you all just keep ignoring us. I like you a lot better than Quicken, but not enough to keep paying for upgrades that don’t provide the only upgrade I’m really interested in.

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 04 Jan, 2020 03:42 AM

I'm a fellow user, which means I'm a customer just like you.

Contacting your bank is pointless, you need to use a version of Moneydance that has the required certificates in it.

If you want to make a complaint raise an issue in the private issues forum, where discussions are between you and support, or send an email to the owner and in the case of Moneydance that means Sean Reilly and his email is

sreilly (at) infinitekind (dot) com

4. 4 Posted by cookie87 on 04 Jan, 2020 03:44 AM

Oh, sorry about that! thanks.

5. System closed this discussion on 04 Apr, 2020 03:50 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac