Possible tab for transactions that have not downloaded

winginsue

21 Jan, 2020 07:43 PM

I tried the unconfirmed tab thinking that would show what hasn't been downloaded. Now I see that's not what it is. What would be really nice is a tab that only shows transactions that haven't been downloaded. It would help out.

Just a thought. I am loving Moneydance.

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 21 Jan, 2020 08:53 PM

I'm a fellow user.

I think you may be thinking of a feature like in email where you can set it to initially just download the header information without downloading the body of the mail so it can show you what is there and ready, useful for slow links/large emails.

OFX does not have that sort of capability and in reality a single transaction is quite likely to contain less data than is in an email header.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Ethan on 22 Jan, 2020 01:35 AM

In general, I agree with the above comment: to display a transaction would basically involve downloading it, so it may as well be incorporated into the data file at that point. The program can sort of feel like older email programs where one has to actually click on a button to check for new mail, or have the program check at regular intervals on its own, rather than the almost automatic update of web-based mail. Usually checking for new transactions when the program launches seems to meet most people's needs, but let me know if we've misunderstood your question.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

3. 3 Posted by winginsue on 23 Jan, 2020 07:18 PM

I think you misunderstand. Let me clarify. In the list below, I'm talking about the line items that do NOT have a blue dot or blue circle. They are items I've entered but nothing has come from the bank.

Does this help?

4. 4 Posted by dwg on 23 Jan, 2020 08:32 PM

I'm a fellow user.

Confirmed and unconfirmed transactions both relate to the status of downloaded or imported transactions, hence why both Elton and I thought the way we did.

I cannot think of a way to just show manually entered transactions. The closest I can come up with is that if you mark the preference to "Mark Transactions as cleared when confirmed" then selecting the uncleared tab will just show the manually entered transactions and the unconfirmed transactions, running through the confirmation process should remove the unconfirmed transactions and likely some of your manually entered transactions as I would expect some to get merged during the process,

5. 5 Posted by winginsue on 24 Jan, 2020 07:41 PM

Thanks, I may try the "Mark Transactions as Cleared when confirmed"

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Ethan on 25 Jan, 2020 03:20 AM

I can't think of a way to sort or filter your register just for those transactions either. I don't think that's a request I've encountered before. The only downside to what dwg proposes is that if you are marking your transactions as cleared right away, that will pretty much prevent you from using the reconciliation function, since some of your transactions will be cleared already. I suppose you could always unclear the entire last month (or whatever period you want) and then reconcile.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac