Download transactions

Darlene

24 Jan, 2020 08:41 PM

I purchased a license yesterday and I've been trying for hours to download transactions from my bank. When I click on "download checking transactions" it goes to my bank website and lets me log in. When I click the download icon I start getting errors. I have not been able to download anything. I turned off pop-up blocks...…….how can I download from my bank?

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 24 Jan, 2020 09:06 PM

I'm a fellow user.

I assume this is when trying to use the Internal Browser.

If that is the case, when clicking on the icon hold down the CTRL key (Command key on a Mac) and it should open your system browser and you can see if that works correctly.

The Internal Browser is still very much a Beta feature and there are many Bank's it struggles with.

2. 2 Posted by DARLENE on 25 Jan, 2020 01:28 AM

I figured it out but I was better off without downloading transactions because it downloaded everything from the last several years. Now I have 5000 unconfirmed transactions and it put my balance all out of whack plus deleted some entries I made earlier today. I'm beginning to regret Moneydance. Can I delete the imported transactions without having to click on 5000 and delete one by one?

3. 3 Posted by DARLENE on 25 Jan, 2020 01:58 AM

I lost everything. It took me hours to enter everything and now its gone and I have to start over since I downloaded the transactions. I am not a happy camper with Moneydance right now unless somebody can tell me how to get it back. I had downloaded the app on my phone and it's all still there but I can't get it to sync. Seems like there are some issues to be fixed.

4. 4 Posted by dwg on 25 Jan, 2020 02:01 AM

Banks on their Internet sites often provide the ability to filter the transactions before you download.

There is no command to remove the last block of downloaded transactions. You can use keyboard shortcuts, to select groups of transactions. I have attached an extract that shows them

5. 5 Posted by dwg on 25 Jan, 2020 08:25 AM

Well the image never made it lets try again

6. System closed this discussion on 25 Apr, 2020 08:30 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac