Passwords

Jack

28 Jan, 2020 01:50 AM

Quicken has limitations regarding passwords using special characters. So while the bank login informations allows any combination of special characters for the password, quicken will not allow use of this when direct connecting to the bank.
I want to know if Moneydance also has this limitation.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 28 Jan, 2020 04:56 PM

Hi Jack,
    Thank you for contacting Moneydance support.

Application-based online banking often requires a different login/PIN than the ones that are used for ATM or web-based banking. When you enable your account for access from Moneydance or Quicken, your financial institution should let you know what customer ID/login and PIN to use. 

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, and thanks for your interest in Moneydance!

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Jack Teitel on 28 Jan, 2020 05:51 PM

That wasn’t really the answer for the question I know my ID and password my question was does your program unlike quicken accept special characters in the password field

Sent from my iPhone

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 28 Jan, 2020 09:43 PM

I'm fellow user.

The OFX specification states that clear text passwords are limited to 32 Printable ASCII characters.

Moneydance escapes all data, including passwords, sent in OFX messages.

This is the ensure that as far as possible Moneydance transmits all data including special characters to the OFX server without data being deemed invalid in the path or being interpreted in some way. It is still possible for the OFX server to handle it incorrectly or for there to be some restriction there.

There have been some reports that even though the data has been sent in a way that special characters should not get interpreted as such and that it is possible to set such passwords on the bank's server, that it still fails for some reason. In such cases using a alphanumeric password with lower and upper case letters and numbers has resolved the problem.

4. System closed this discussion on 28 Apr, 2020 09:50 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac