won't link to bank of america

ed

30 Jan, 2020 10:03 PM

Is this true? I think something should have been mentioned about that before I was asked to purchase this software.

1. 1 Posted by ptup on 30 Jan, 2020 10:15 PM

Not true, I link to BOA. But it seems it depends on when your account was grandfathered or started at BOA. My wifes credit card account has lost its automated download access and i must actually log into her account and download the info which can be saved directly into moneydance if it's up and running , else I save it to an importable file. My other 3 accounts at Boa which were set up before her credit account download directly through moneydance. I talked with BOA and they simply eliminated access to various accounts depending on when the online banking connection was started. In my case it was a matter of about a month.

2. 2 Posted by ed on 30 Jan, 2020 10:30 PM

I purchased MoneyDance today to connect my BofA accounts, and it doesn't seem to work. I've had these accounts open for decades, so I can't imagine that's the issue. If it won't work with BofA, how can I get my money back?

Thanks.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ethan on 30 Jan, 2020 11:04 PM

Hello,

Bank of America stopped activating accounts for direct connections a few years ago, which Moneydance needs to be able to directly connect to a bank. Users who already had direct connections enabled, through Moneydance, Quicken, or another program, seem to be able to still connect. For now at least, it appears that Bank of America hasn't been turning off existing connections, although we have no idea how long they will continue to offer this service. Do you remember if you had direct connections enabled in another program? This is completely independent of how long the accounts themselves have been open.

If your Bank of America accounts haven't been activated for direct connections, you can still get your transactions into Moneydance by using a web browser to download them from your bank's web site. You can download into QFX, OFX, OFC, or QIF files (sometimes referred to as Quicken or MS Money files), any of which will import cleanly into Moneydance. You can also open your bank's download page directly (after entering the appropriate address in the Account->Edit Account menu) by going to the menu bar and selecting Online->Open Account Website. If your bank begins to support direct OFX connections in the future, we will be happy to work with them.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance,

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by Ed Blatter on 30 Jan, 2020 11:07 PM

Ok. I think i wish to cancel my purchase of Moneydance. Will you do that for me please, or send me instructions. Thanks..
    Ed Blatter

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Ethan on 30 Jan, 2020 11:22 PM

Hi Ed,

I am sorry that our product did not meet your needs. I have asked our payment processing partners Fastspring to process your refund. They will let you know when the process is complete from their end.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance,

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

6. Ethan closed this discussion on 30 Jan, 2020 11:22 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac