Downloaded transaction keep re-downloading

jarvijunk

31 Jan, 2020 07:57 PM

I am trying to convert from Quicken and have almost everything figured out with 1 exception. I started by exporting my Quicken data and pulling it all in, done. I have setup all the accounts for online banking. They all pull down the data. I can confirm them and everything seems OK. Until I re download my American express data. It pull down everything for the past 3 or so months allover again, over 1000 transaction. They all pop up as unconfirmed but are duplicate. I read that I should try to reset the sync, did that is no change. How do I stop it from pulling already downloaded transactions? This is the only account, of 10 accounts, with online transactions, that does this.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ethan on 01 Feb, 2020 04:42 PM

Hello,

From what you describe, it sounds like you may not be going through the confirmation process after you download or import your data. Downloaded transactions should have a blue dot next to them in the description field. Clicking on a transaction with a blue dot should open a right sidebar with confirmation options. If the transaction is similar to one you have already manually entered, one of the options should be to merge those transactions. More details on the confirmation process with screenshots can be found at http://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/kb/online-banking-and-bill-pay/co....

After you merge downloaded transactions, Moneydance should ignore them, even if they are included in future downloads. The reason this is happening is that the downloads contain unique transaction IDs to allow Moneydance to tell if it has seen that transaction before, and dismiss them in the future. Due to the limitations of the QIF format that you had to use when moving from Quicken, this information is not included in the transfer. This should be a one-time process, and it sounds like would be the last thing you need to complete!

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by jarvijunk on 01 Feb, 2020 06:41 PM

Yes, that appears to have worked. Was not away of the need to actually "merge" all the transactions. I had assumed since I had just downloaded into quicken the Bank side would recognize the transactions have been downloaded. Bad assumption

Thanks
    Brent

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ethan on 01 Feb, 2020 09:51 PM

Hi Brent,

I'm glad to hear that's been sorted out. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance,

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

4. Ethan closed this discussion on 01 Feb, 2020 09:51 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac