Multiple accounts with a bank

dantdavis

06 Feb, 2020 06:20 AM

I have multiple accounts with banks. My personal, my business, my spouse personal, my spouse business.

But let's stick with the current issue. American express. I am trying to set up online banking and it should be easy. But when I set it up, MD gets confused (or I do, maybe) and will set up one account (my spouse in this instance), but even when I enter my userid and password vs. hers, MD reports problems trying to access the accounts.

I get the dance - both are direct connect, and mine worked until i added hers, and now even with disable and readd, or change and readd, I cannot get mine to work now. I do have file passwords set up, maybe I should start over?

1. 1 Posted by dantdavis on 06 Feb, 2020 06:39 AM

I get the security bit, but is there a way to see what userid/password has been stored for an account set up for online downloads? That might help me diagnose.

2. 2 Posted by dantdavis on 07 Feb, 2020 08:27 AM

Let me add to the list of questions....

I figured out how to play the system to make at least two accounts work.
    Still, I'd like a comment or two on how to expose the userid/password lists, as I had to "play around" because the default is to use a single userid for a bank.

Also, when I use Discover Bank (which supports direct connect), I get an empty screen with no way to select the "account" I want to access. Quicken has the account, userid, and so on, but Moneydance is... for lack of a better word.... empty.

Is there a way to circumvent the empty screen and enter the known correct values manually?

3. 3 Posted by dantdavis on 09 Feb, 2020 03:24 AM

By carefully adding accounts, I got them all added properly, except Discover Bank.

I saw something mentioning using the beta 2019.4 - but that was for credit cards. Will this also fix the empty screen problem for a savings account?

Also, I've beta tested for years, and some are "watch your step" and some are "hey, this is better than before, at least..." - which would this be? I don't know the criteria for betatesting for MD.

4. 4 Posted by derekkent23 on 09 Feb, 2020 08:55 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi dantdavis

If I had to categorise Moneydance preview using your criteria it would be "hey, this is better than before, at least..."

I have been using Moneydance since late 2016 and since mid-2017 have always installed the latest preview. The only time I depart from this is when Sean releases a true beta of the next version of Moneydance on his slack site, then I run two versions in parallel on two different computers until he does his first release of the new version.

The current preview build is 2019.4(1900) that 20 builds up on the released build.

See preview release notes at https://infinitekind.com/previewdl/current/changelog.txt

Download preview build from https://infinitekind.com/preview

Always do an EXPORT BACKUP first.

Hope this helps

5. 5 Posted by dwg on 09 Feb, 2020 10:06 AM

I'm a fellow user.

Build 1892 appears to have resolved the Discover issue. The change log has the following note:

• Fixed http headers for some OFX connections by moving M and T changes behind an FI information flag

Preview releases at this stage of the Moneydance life cycle generally address problems. Occasionally we see a bad preview release but mostly they are a step forward. Some do like to be on the bleeding edge, many will stay on the stable release stream. If you have a problem which is address in a preview release you will generally be asked to install it. In other cases you may also be asked to install the latest preview release to ascertain if the problem is still present before it is referred to the developers.

6. System closed this discussion on 10 May, 2020 10:10 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac