G Clements

19 Nov, 2015 10:25 AM

MY bank is ABN AMRO from the Netherlands

They transfer the data with:
PDF
MT940
XLS
CAMT. 053

Can I download with these extensions in your software?

G Clements

1. 1 Posted by David Hanley on 19 Nov, 2015 05:16 PM

Hi,

Unfortunately Moneydance doesn't have any functionality to import from any of the formats that you listed. You may however be able to do two things:

1.) You may be able to open an exported XLS file using Microsoft Excel and use the following extension to convert from the .xls format to the .qif format.

2.) You could also open the XLS file using Excel, or OpenOffice, and export the file to an comma delineated .CSV file. You could then use the CSV file importer extension to import your banking data into Moneydance. The CSV file importer can be found here below:
    https://github.com/stant/mdcsvimporter2015/releases/tag/v19

I've also attached the instructions for the CSV file importer.

Hope this helps, and feel free to contact me with any questions about this process!

David Hanley
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Holly on 05 Feb, 2016 09:46 PM

I'd just like to add that I am also looking for the same functionality. I also have an account with ABN-AMRO and I would like to be able to download transactions to Moneydance like I do with my American bank account. Downloading a file and converting it is not a satisfactory solution since it still forces me to log into the bank and I may as well just type in the transactions for the week while I am there rather than fiddle around with downloading and converting files.

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 05 Feb, 2016 11:15 PM

The core requirement for Direct Connect is that the Financial Institution must install infrastructure to support the service, this involves servers, application software, authentication methods, data feeds etc. Without this there is nothing software like Moneydance can do to provide Application based online banking.

In reality only a subset of U.S. based organizations provide this service and very few outside the U.S. and it would seem mostly those with a U.S. heritage.

Without such facilities being provided you only have left the ability to import into Moneydance manually. The proviso here is that the download really needs to be in a format that is workable for financial data hence direct support for formats like OFX, OFX and QIF which were all built specifically to handle financial transaction data.

Generic formats like CSV are largely free form so have to be deal with in a case by case basis as you never know what an organization has structured the file like hence tools like the Text file importer and the CSV importer which have to be configured appropriately for it to work with the file provided. PDF is a final form document, often used for statements so is really unsuitable for importing purposes, it is meant more for printing. The other formats mentioned I have no idea perhaps they are European specific.

4. 4 Posted by holly on 08 Feb, 2016 01:32 PM

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks dwg. I mean I understand the file type differences, but I didn't realize that financial institutions weren't all releasing data in a usable form.

5. System closed this discussion on 09 May, 2016 01:40 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

04 Feb, 2023 02:45 AM
04 Feb, 2023 02:41 AM
04 Feb, 2023 02:07 AM