Credit card account is putting transfers to it as Charges

Ron B.

10 Feb, 2020 02:35 PM

I have an account setup for a credit card, which worked fine for a few years, but for the last month or two has been showing debits as credits, and credits as debits. I'm not sure what's going on with it, but wondering if there is some toggle where I can change the way it handles things like payments from my checking to this account? It should debit from checking but show as a payment to the credit card. It does hte opposite on the credit card (the debit on the checking is fine).

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 10 Feb, 2020 02:51 PM

Hi Rob,

Without knowing what version of Moneydance it is that you are using or how this data is be entered (either manually entered, imported by direct-connect or imported by manual import) it's hard to provide a suggestion.

If you're using MD 2019, try this...
    Look in Preferences; on the 'Network' tab.
    Tick the checkbox 'Ignore Transaction Types in Favor of Amount Signs'.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

2. 2 Posted by Ron Blair on 10 Feb, 2020 03:31 PM

I went ahead and made that change you suggested below. I’m using version 2019.3 (1880). The transaction are downloaded from Bank of America as a ‘web’ format file (qfx).

3. 3 Posted by Ron Blair on 10 Feb, 2020 03:31 PM

I went ahead and made that change you suggested below. I’m using version 2019.3 (1880). The transaction are downloaded from Bank of America.

4. 4 Posted by -Kevin N. on 10 Feb, 2020 03:45 PM

Hi Ron,

Thank you for the additional information.

Hopefully, the preference change will resolve the issue.

Unfortunately, it is becoming more common lately for banks to stray from OFX standards with their provided downloadable files. (QFX is a sub-set of OFX with some Quicken-esq items included)

Let us know how it works out. OK?

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

5. System closed this discussion on 11 May, 2020 03:50 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac