NC SECU not communicating

bootsmon

13 Feb, 2020 02:13 PM

v 19.3 for mac . this is an annoying drill that happens every 6 months it seems. tried disabling and reconnecting per the knowledge base but no luck.

1. 1 Posted by Lee on 13 Feb, 2020 03:42 PM

Same problem here on a Win10 w/ v 2019.3. Was working yesterday. Only local change was Microsoft monthly updates ran last night.

2. 2 Posted by bootsmon on 14 Feb, 2020 02:35 AM

12 hr update: still no word from the infinite kind on what gives. still no connection for NC SECU on why it's not parsing. if anyone has found a solution please post.

3. 3 Posted by JeffN on 14 Feb, 2020 02:02 PM

Same issue with NC SECU. Using version 2019.3 (1880) Mac OS Catalina 10.15.3

4. 4 Posted by Michael on 14 Feb, 2020 03:03 PM

I've been having the same problem for two days now. It worked fine before that.

5. 5 Posted by Dana on 14 Feb, 2020 03:35 PM

I'm also having the same problem (Windows and MD version 2019.3 (1880). I tried removing and recreating the connection and was not able to complete the process - it asks for routing and account number with both already filled in and the username (blank and I fill it in) but never asks for password.

The following is from the console window:

opening connection with no proxy:
    FI refresh is forced
    FI refresh is forced
    FI refresh is forced
    FI refresh is forced
    Sending message to https://onlineaccess.ncsecu.org/secuofx/secu.ofx
    >>>>>>>>

OFXHEADER:100
    DATA:OFXSGML
    VERSION:102
    SECURITY:NONE
    ENCODING:USASCII
    CHARSET:1252
    COMPRESSION:NONE
    OLDFILEUID:NONE
    NEWFILEUID:NONE

<OFX>
    <SIGNONMSGSRQV1>
    <SONRQ>
    <DTCLIENT>20200214102419.049
    <USERID>anonymous00000000000000000000000
    <USERPASS>*
    <GENUSERKEY>N
    <LANGUAGE>ENG
    <FI>
    <ORG>SECU
    <FID>1001
    </FI>
    <APPID>QWIN
    <APPVER>2400
    </SONRQ>
    </SIGNONMSGSRQV1>
    <PROFMSGSRQV1>
    <PROFTRNRQ>
    <TRNUID>1581693859050-46
    <PROFRQ>
    <CLIENTROUTING>MSGSET
    <DTPROFUP>20000101
    </PROFRQ>
    </PROFTRNRQ>
    </PROFMSGSRQV1>
    </OFX>

<<<<77<<<<
    connecting to: https://onlineaccess.ncsecu.org/secuofx/secu.ofx with method: POST
    Connecting with https headers:
    POST /secuofx/secu.ofx HTTP/1.1
    Content-Type: application/x-ofx
    Host: onlineaccess.ncsecu.org
    Content-Length: 574
    Connection: close
    User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/52.0.2743.116 Safari/537.36 Edge/15.15063
    Accept: */*
    Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2020 10:24:19 EST
    Accept-Language: en-us
    Cache-Control: no-cache

---end headers
    Error refreshing profile information:
    javax.net.ssl.SSLProtocolException: Connection reset
    at java.base/sun.security.ssl.Alert.createSSLException(Unknown Source)
    at java.base/sun.security.ssl.TransportContext.fatal(Unknown Source)
    at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.handleException(Unknown Source)
    at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl$AppInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
    at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl$AppInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
    at com.moneydance.apps.md.controller.olb.CustomURLStreamHandlerFactory$EchoInputStream.read(CustomURLStreamHandlerFactory.java:549)
    at java.base/java.io.DataInputStream.readLine(Unknown Source)
    at com.moneydance.apps.md.controller.olb.CustomURLStreamHandlerFactory$HttpURLConnectionImpl.beginResponse(CustomURLStreamHandlerFactory.java:366)
    at com.moneydance.apps.md.controller.olb.CustomURLStreamHandlerFactory$HttpURLConnectionImpl.getResponseCode(CustomURLStreamHandlerFactory.java:451)
    at com.moneydance.apps.md.controller.olb.ofx.OFXConnection.sendMessage(OFXConnection.java:2664)
    at com.moneydance.apps.md.controller.olb.ofx.OFXConnection.sendMessage(OFXConnection.java:2568)
    at com.moneydance.apps.md.controller.olb.ofx.OFXConnection.refreshServiceInfo(OFXConnection.java:624)
    at com.moneydance.apps.md.controller.olb.ofx.OFXConnection.initSecureServices(OFXConnection.java:914)
    at com.moneydance.apps.md.controller.olb.ofx.OFXConnection.refreshServiceInfo(OFXConnection.java:612)
    at com.moneydance.apps.md.controller.olb.ofx.OFXConnection.refreshServiceInfo(OFXConnection.java:605)
    at com.moneydance.apps.md.view.gui.ofxsetup.OFXSignupWizard$1.run(OFXSignupWizard.java:172)
    at com.moneydance.apps.md.view.gui.TaskIndicator.run(TaskIndicator.java:93)
    at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
    at java.base/java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
    at java.base/java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
    at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketInputRecord.read(Unknown Source)
    at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketInputRecord.bytesInCompletePacket(Unknown Source)
    at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readApplicationRecord(Unknown Source)
    ... 15 more

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Maddy on 14 Feb, 2020 04:03 PM

Hi all,
    Can you try completely resetting your connection to your bank and see if that fixes the problem you're seeing?

To do this, you'll need to force clear the current connection information for your bank in Moneydance. I'm sending a file called 'remove_one_service_2017.py' that will help do that.

Before proceeding, take a manual backup via File --> Export Backup.

To use the .py file, first save it to your computer and then follow these steps:

1. In Moneydance, select Window --> Python Scripting (Choose 'MoneyBot' if you're using the 2019 version).
    2. In the window that opens, select 'Open Script' then navigate to the .py file wherever you saved it on your system.
    3. Select 'Run' to execute the file.
    4. You will be asked to select which connection you want to clear. Choose your bank, and click OK. You'll get a confirmation message when the connection has been removed. Close the window when done.
    5. Set up the connection to your bank like normal choosing the "New Connection" button. Since all of your settings have been cleared, you should get the most recent connection information for your bank.

Hopefully, that will work. If it doesn't, let me know and we'll continue troubleshooting.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

7. 7 Posted by JeffN on 14 Feb, 2020 04:51 PM

No longer get that particular message but as I try to reset the online banking connection I am never prompted for my username/password. When I click the Finish button and try to Download transactions it says there are no accounts to be downloaded.... Now I am unable to make the connection to my bank as I have in the past.

8. 8 Posted by Terry on 14 Feb, 2020 07:42 PM

I'm having the same problems, and emailed NCSECU support. Got this response, relating to Quicken access:

Thank you for your message. Thank you for your message. There have been reports of issues with Quicken after network updates for security enhancements were completed. These updates changed how Quicken connects to our services. In most cases, Quicken will adapt to the other connection type automatically. Once the switch is completed, members can now be prompted with a Security Challenge (either security questions or a one-time passcode). In the event that Quicken does not switch this connection automatically, the switch can be performed manually. If you need further assistance with troubleshooting this issue, please call Member Services Support at 1-888-732-8562 during normal business hours (8:30am-5:30pm). Our Digital Support department is aware of the issue and ready to assist. Thank you for choosing your credit union.

9. 9 Posted by Michael on 14 Feb, 2020 07:48 PM

I also contacted NCSECU support, here is the response I got:

"Thank you for the message. The only third party application that SECU does maintenance for is Quicken. All other connectivity issues with other third party applications should be resolved by the application's support staff. If the support staff is unable to assist with the connection issues, it's likely that these applications will be unable to connect at all to our website. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you for supporting your Credit Union."

Sounds like if one doesn't use Quicken they aren't interested in helping,.

10. 10 Posted by Dana on 14 Feb, 2020 07:52 PM

I tried the suggested process twice. The script indicated successful completion both times. When I tried adding the connection back in, I entered my ID in the Customer ID field on the Online Banking Setup screen but was not prompted for a password when clicking next on the Next button on that screen or when clicking Finish on the final screen

The second time I removed the connection I confirmed that it was gone by checking the dropdown before selecting New Connection. After going through the New Connection process again (but still not being prompted for a password), there is a "State Employees Credit Union - NC" connection in the list but selecting Download [ACCOUNT NAME] Transactions produces no results and no indication of an attempt in the status bar.

11. 11 Posted by Dana on 14 Feb, 2020 07:55 PM

Re: "Sounds like if one doesn't use Quicken they aren't interested in helping,."

They are not. A few years ago I had a problem (turned out to be a corrupted MoneyDance datafle) and when I let it slip that I was using something other than Quicken (I started out asking about Quicken because I anticipated their reaction) they immediately said they could not offer any assistance.

12. 12 Posted by Joy on 16 Feb, 2020 12:41 AM

Tried the reset connection exactly like IK Support suggested, and I also No longer get that particular message. However, I also am never prompted for my password with the banking institution when I try to do the New Connection, and when I click the Finish button and try to Download transactions, it simply opens up the NCSECU web page from within the MoneyDance program. I literally just paid MoneyDance today to update to the 2019.3 version since I assumed using the 2017 version was the issue. Guess I will need to ask for refund if they are not going to fix this issue.

13. 13 Posted by bootsmon on 16 Feb, 2020 10:16 AM

thanks for everyone's input.

NCSECU is the second largest credit union in the whole US. for them to 'only do" quicken is gross negligence towards it's members.

for now i am holding for MD to resolve this issue. the alternatives for me aren't looking fun and SECU is not going to do anything.

i used a Mint account and it communicated with NCSECU no problems, so i know something exists as a work around toward SECU's arrogant position. i also belong to a credit union in fl (10th largest in the state) and you can download in xls, cvs, ofx and qbo formats.

Boots

14. 14 Posted by Terry on 16 Feb, 2020 02:04 PM

I have a slightly different take. I can accept that an organization chooses to support a limited number (in this case 1) application, given the use base.

On the other hand, at times I find MD (which we've paid for) support to be less than responsive.

We'll just have to see how they respond to this.
    - T

15. 15 Posted by Steve on 16 Feb, 2020 10:51 PM

I'm trying to find an official source but I heard that SECU are only support "Express Web Connect" (which obviously isn't a connection method, but screen scraping) but hoping this isn't true. Trying to get some further confirmation.

16. 16 Posted by Steve on 16 Feb, 2020 10:53 PM

Does appear the Quicken have disabled the Direct Connect option :/

17. 17 Posted by Dana on 17 Feb, 2020 12:38 PM

A further wrinkle... I vaguely remembered seeing a download link, so I looked for it again this morning. They only offer .csv file download. I don't know if this is a recent change or has always been CSV only.

Account Download
    Select an account to download in .CSV (comma separated values) format. Downloads using Quicken must be initiated through your personal software. Quicken does not accept .CSV files

18. Support Staff 18 Posted by Maddy on 17 Feb, 2020 12:39 PM

Dear customers,

Thanks for letting us know about this issue! I've filed a ticket in our ticketing system regarding this issue, so the developers will be looking into it.

As a temporary solution, without Direct Connect, you are still able to easily import your data into the program. The best way to get your transactions into Moneydance is to use a web browser to download files from your bank's web site.

We'd recommend you download using the OFX or QFX file format if available. If not, use the QIF file format. (These files are sometimes referred to as Quicken or MS Money files). You can import the files to Moneydance using File --> Import.
    The steps for manually importing your data are outlined in this article from the knowledge base.

Moneydance 2019 includes en embedded browser (currently a beta feature) that makes downloading from the banks website much easier. We're also working on another feature (coming soon) that will remember how you download from the banks site and help to automate the manual import process.

Thank you for your patience and be reassured that we'll try to resolve the issue in a timely manner.

--

19. Support Staff 19 Posted by Maddy on 17 Feb, 2020 01:04 PM

Thank you for your input, Dana

The steps for importing CSV files are outlined here.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have further questions or need any assistance.

--

20. 20 Posted by bootsmon on 17 Feb, 2020 02:08 PM

Maddy and Dana are correct. the CVS files are cumbersome. I use the OFX files with another credit union and they upload as a "moneydance" file just as if you had used the on-line banking tool.

the CVS files upload for me as a xls spreadsheet which my Mac turns into numbers which in turn does nothing without some sort of coding. (why have software?).

i'm happy to wait and i am very grateful for MD's working up this solution for SECU clients who use it. when i had this issue 6 months ago Maddie's fore-mentioned solution and an MD upgrade was the solution. apparently SECU has put in another wrinkle ( 2 factor authentication?). i still think SECU could do a better job with multiple formats. check out the attachment from my 2nd bank.

thanks again

Boots

21. 21 Posted by james on 18 Feb, 2020 03:00 AM

By the way...nice to see I am not the only person in North Carolina that is using MoneyDance!

22. 22 Posted by james on 18 Feb, 2020 03:46 AM

So I followed the steps to run the script and remove the info for SECU. Adding it back in was easy, except it does not allow me to select online banking. Is this useful info? (see attached)

23. 23 Posted by Patti on 19 Feb, 2020 06:56 PM

Just FYI for this thread. SECU - NC just did a security upgrade. Quicken users can't connect either and the "fix" they are giving us doesn't work. It is definitely a SECU - NC issue after their security upgrade.

24. 24 Posted by bootsmon on 19 Feb, 2020 07:50 PM

thanks Patti

look at the previous threads i attached. every upgrade SECU does has caused IK/MD to create a band aid. SECU (#2 in the nation) gives us a spreadsheet. what other bank is that behind the times. Petition? Anybody on the board?

i track 10 accounts but i'm retired in Fla now where i can have my medical cannabis infused coffee and manually tackle all ten numbers spreadsheets every morning (not advised for NC residents).

i think the recent change might involve 2-factor authentication because when i sign on to MINT SECU asked for extra layer which is new in my experience.

25. 25 Posted by james on 20 Feb, 2020 12:32 AM

So what is our alternative? I tried the (rather useless) workaround provided by SECU and still no joy. The CSV import process is pretty bad as I need to do a LOT of data scrubbing to get anything usable.

I have basically not updated SECU checking for almost 2 weeks as a result of all this B.S.

26. 26 Posted by bootsmon on 20 Feb, 2020 01:10 AM

screenshots. not knowing what computer you have. i've been hitting the download button for each of my 10 accounts one at a time and enter them into MD manually. my Mac loaded with fresh Catalina spits out .cvs in beautiful numbers spreadsheet. trick is for you to get caught up and use the date function to bite off small junks at a time.

everybody's situation is unique. but "we all wait" together.

27. 27 Posted by bootsmon on 20 Feb, 2020 01:34 AM

check this out from safari screens on iMac. sorry it may not make sense but we need to keep the discussion alive to stay on top.

the numbers file shot is my csv file upload from secu 2.2 million members
    the moneydance file shot is an ofx file upload from my fla credit union 135,000 members
    this little credit union is too small for MD on-line banking but the program recognizes the ofx file and takes it over. when you open it the program sees it like an on line upload.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• online_error.png 22.7 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac