Trying to set up bill payment through MoneyDance

Sharon Reed

18 Feb, 2020 05:38 PM

Hi -

I purchased your product today with the intent to pay bills from within MoneyDance. I have successfully set up on-line downloads for both checking accounts, but when I try to enable bill pay the program will not allow me to choose either account. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your time.
Sharon

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 18 Feb, 2020 08:41 PM

I'm a fellow user.

The first question is does your Bank support online bill paying via Direct Connect.

Because a bank provides downloads via direct connect does not necessarily mean they also provide bill pay capability,

2. 2 Posted by Sharon Reed on 18 Feb, 2020 09:08 PM

Well they did with Quicken Bill Pay (I paid everything through Quicken) so I guess I would assume your service would be in the same field. Would you like the bank names to verify this?

Thank you.
    Sharon

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 18 Feb, 2020 09:39 PM

I'm a fellow user (which means I do not work for MD).

I'm not in the U.S. but my understanding is that Quicken Bill pay was/is a third party bill payment service completely independent of the bank.

I do not know if the Moneydance folks have a way of interrogating the Bank's OFX server in order to determine if Bill Pay is provided, so on that score I cannot help you.

Posting the name of the bank may prompt someone who is familiar with that bank to post if Bill Pay works or not.

4. System closed this discussion on 19 May, 2020 09:40 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac