TD Bank credit card download switched charges & payments

LYNN SWEET

12 Mar, 2020 10:48 PM

All my credit card charges downloaded as payments to the card, and payments to the card downloaded as charges. Has anyone else had the problem? How do I correct the downloads? When I open up the download file, it automatically imports into Moneydance so I can't, for example, edit a csv file before importing. Is there a way to switch debits & credits all at once in Moneydance after download?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ethan on 12 Mar, 2020 11:37 PM

Hello,

It sounds like that's a misformatted data file that your bank is sending. Which version of Moneydance are you using? Starting with 2019.3, we included an option that usually fixes most of these problems. Go to your preferences window, click on the Network tab, and choose "Ignore Transaction Types in Favor of Amount Signs."

If that doesn't work, we may need to look at the file you are downloading more closely to figure out what is going on in there. You can always save a downloaded file to your computer without it opening in a program by right-clicking on the download link and choosing to save it to your disk.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by LYNN SWEET on 13 Mar, 2020 12:06 AM

Hi Ethan,
    I have 2019.3. I just did the action you suggested but have no more transactions to download right now so I can't test it. I'll let you know how it goes next time. Thanks for the tip on right-clicking on the download link.

3. System closed this discussion on 12 Jun, 2020 12:10 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac