.qfx imports

Charlies Siegel

22 Mar, 2020 02:41 PM

Hi... Is there any way to import qfx web connect files? Wells Fargo charges for direct connect which is the only way I can figure out to to connect. Unless there is a way to import the qfx file they generate for free, the direct connect fees would be higher than quicken's yearly fee thus forcing me to stay with quicken. I hope there is as I don't like quicken!!!

Charles Siegel

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 22 Mar, 2020 02:48 PM

Hi Charles,

Take a look at this Moneydance KB article regarding manual downloads/imports:
    https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/kb/online-banking-and-bill-pay/m...

If I may make a suggestion, download the trial version of Moneydance to see if it suits your needs and to see if you can import your Quicken data.

You can d/l the trial version here:
    https://infinitekind.com/download-moneydance-personal-finance-software

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Ethan on 22 Mar, 2020 09:33 PM

Just to add: while Moneydance can't use the function that Quicken calls Web Connect, it can accept manually downloaded QFX files. Some banks (incorrectly) give the same labels to these files, but if you can download a QFX file, you should be able to import it via File -> Import from the Moneydance menu bar, as that link Kevin gave above describes.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

3. 3 Posted by Dan P on 15 May, 2020 08:24 PM

Charles,

Just my 2 cents worth. I have the same problem with my bank. If you are a Windows user, you can associate .qfx files with Moneydance(Instead of Quicken). After downloading the QFX file, just double click the file and will load directly in Moneydance.
    Not as swift as direct connect, but works quite well for me.

Cheers,
    Dan

4. 4 Posted by John M on 30 May, 2020 09:50 PM

My back just switched from being able to select and download transactions directly into MoneyDance to downloading transactions into a CSV or QFX file. MD processed the QFX file without issue. Now I understand the need for the Confrim/Merge buttons.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac