how to check it during trial period

Sergei

25 Mar, 2020 05:18 AM

I try to understand is Moneydance good for online work with Russian banks, but in my trial version the function of online banking is not available. How can I check online banking?

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 25 Mar, 2020 05:37 AM

I'm a fellow user.

For information on online banking see the articles in the Knowledge Base

https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/kb/online-banking-and-bill-pay

It is unlikely that Russian Banks support Direct Connect, so ruling out completely automatic loading of transaction, hence one way of getting transactions into Moneydance is to download transactions files and import them into the software. That is the method that is used in most countries of the world.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Ethan on 25 Mar, 2020 05:41 PM

Hello,

I agree with dwg's above assessment, but if you let us know the banks you are trying to connect to, we can try to check.

Just to be clear, you can try out online banking in the trial version. The demo version is fully functional and allows you to manually enter 100 transactions. Imported transactions are not limited, so you'll be able to fully test things like importing from other programs and connections with your bank. If you decide to purchase the program at a later date (from http://infinitekind.com/purchase) you can keep all your data, the license key simply unlocks the ability to manually enter more transactions.

In case you haven't found it yet, detailed information on how to use the program can be found at http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

3. Ethan closed this discussion on 25 Mar, 2020 05:41 PM.

4. polbitsyn re-opened this discussion on 26 Mar, 2020 03:54 AM

5. 3 Posted by polbitsyn on 26 Mar, 2020 03:54 AM

Dear Ethan,

Thank you for your comments. I try to connect to Росбанк (Rosbank), but I failed to do it in the trial version, because these menu items were inactive, that’s why I posted my question. If it is possible to connect to banks during trial period, what will be great!

Sergei

6. Support Staff 4 Posted by Ethan on 26 Mar, 2020 04:14 PM

Hello Sergei,

As far as I can tell, your bank doesn't support direct connections. It is possible that Russian banks would use different databases that compile direct connect information, but I agree with the previous post that it is extremely unlikely they offer this service, just given our experience with banks outside the United States.

I assure you that online connections are completely active during the trial period. The only thing that a license key changes in the program is the ability to enter more than 100 transactions manually. If the options in the Online menu were not active, the most common reason for that is trying to use them before opening the account register that you want to set up with your bank. For example, if you go to that menu while in the initial Summary screen, most of the options will not be active.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

7. Ethan closed this discussion on 26 Mar, 2020 04:14 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac