Citi Bank connections

pretzel.logic1

12 Apr, 2020 03:47 PM

I keep getting this error for any citi cards accounts I have. This has been going on for weeks now. On occasion I can run the download again and it will complete downloading transactions. I am using the last beta version 2019.4 (1904) but this was present in the last release also. This is starting to get annoying so is this something on MD side or Citi side.

There was an error communicating with your financial institution. The details of this error are below.
Bank Name: Citi Cards
The error code reported by the server was: 2000
We've had a problem processing your request. It may take 24 to 36 hours for the problem to be resolved. Please try again at that time.

1. 1 Posted by pretzel.logic1 on 12 Apr, 2020 03:57 PM

Additional information. I have removed the Citi accounts using the python script and set them up again. I have logged into the accounts successfully with the credentials. I have removed access and added back access to MD on the Citi accounts and still to no avail.

2. 2 Posted by Bill C. on 12 Apr, 2020 05:13 PM

Same problem with a Citicard that has been working since November 2019. Looking at my "Apps and Websites that use your Citi credentials" page on the Citi site, I see Moneydance 2019 was registered 11/21/2019, last access 4/3/2020.

No changes that I know of.

3. 3 Posted by TonyRI on 12 Apr, 2020 06:12 PM

Pretty sure it's a problem on Citi's end.

I had only begun seeing the issue today..

Last access: Moneydance 2019 04/11/2020 08:14 am

4. 4 Posted by William Couring... on 12 Apr, 2020 06:56 PM

Thx. Citibank’s “help” options seem intended to deflect. E.g., there are only three Subject options for a message, none of which applies, and no Other. I think I will send a paper message.

Bill Courington

5. 5 Posted by EdfromHuntsvill... on 13 Apr, 2020 04:38 PM

I have had sporadic issues with my Costco Citicard the last week or so. Got the 2000 error this morning, but tried later and it went through as normal. Perhaps their servers are struggling with demand right now.
    Hope everyone is healthy and holding together.

6. 6 Posted by William Couring... on 13 Apr, 2020 05:48 PM

Thanks for relating your experience. You might be right about server load problems, but I’ve not had one success. I sent Citi customer support a paper description of the problem, hoping that surprising medium gets their attention.

Bill Courington

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Ethan on 13 Apr, 2020 09:18 PM

Hi everyone,

We've had a few reports about this over the last 24 hours, but nothing major that seems to have affected many people since the last incident in November. We're looking into it, but if a few of you could send your connection logs to support in a new private thread, that would be helpful. Again, don't post your full logs here unless you are certain that you have deleted any private information. Here's how to get the logs:

1) In Moneydance, click on the Help menu in the Moneydance menu bar and select the Console Window option. This will open the console messages window.
    2) While the Console Window is open, attempt to connect to your bank. Any error messages should be recorded to the Console.
    3) Select all of the text in the Console and use the Copy to Clipboard button at the bottom to copy the text.
    4) Paste the text from the message window into a text file (preferably saved with a .txt or .rtf extension) and attach that file to your response here.

Again, the debugging logs that this produces will contain your account information, so I recommend you make sure to delete this information, and start a private thread with this information.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

8. 8 Posted by William Couring... on 13 Apr, 2020 09:39 PM

Log attached (userid obscured by me). Grateful for your efforts.

Bill Courington

9. 9 Posted by pretzel.logic1 on 13 Apr, 2020 10:46 PM

Cleared of personal data.

10. 10 Posted by eabforums on 13 Apr, 2020 10:58 PM

This is a very interesting set of logs.  I ran a download which
    succeeded.  I followed it a few seconds later with a download that
    failed.  When I gave a cursory look at the logs, the successful one
    showed VERSION:102.  The one that failed showed VERSION:103.

Thanks,

Ed

11. 11 Posted by eabforums on 13 Apr, 2020 11:01 PM

Correction.  The successful one was V103.  The failure was V102.

Sorry, Ed

12. 12 Posted by eabforums on 13 Apr, 2020 11:15 PM

And yet looking at it again, I ran tests that succeeded with V103, and
    then failed with V103.  So I do not know what to believe here.  Probably
    just don't know what I'm looking at, heh.

Ed

13. 13 Posted by Chris W on 14 Apr, 2020 01:20 AM

I'm having this problem too, every since April 3rd

14. 14 Posted by Anthony on 14 Apr, 2020 07:31 AM

I have been having the same problem the last couple of weeks as well. More often than not I get the 2000 error but periodically it will download.

I seem to have resolved it (at least for now) with these steps:

1) Disabling online banking in Moneydance for all my Citi Card accounts.
    2) Login to the Citi site and go to:

Profile -> More Settings -> Manage Desktop Apps

Remove access for the Moneydance application.

3) Wait until email confirmation received that it was disabled.
    4) Go back to same location on Citi site and Add Access. Timer will start giving 10 minutes.
    5) In Moneydance, setup online banking for account but use Advanced Setup with the following:

Name: Citi Credit Card
    OFX Institution Org: Citigroup
    OFX Institution ID: 24909
    OFX Connection URL: https://mobilesoa.citi.com/CitiOFXInterface

6) Rinse and repeat step 5 for any other Citi accounts.

On the Citi site the application will register as Quicken (screenshot attached). When I went to remove the access it was most definitely Moneydance as the product but I did not think to grab a screenshot.

I had tried disabling online banking and setting it up again using the 'Citi Cards' selection from the list in Moneydance but it continued to result in the 2000 error more often than not. Using Advanced Setup as above and I have not received a 2000 error.

15. Support Staff 15 Posted by Maddy on 14 Apr, 2020 10:11 AM

Thank you for sharing this workaround, Anthony!

Hopefully this will help other customers too.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

16. 16 Posted by Chris W on 14 Apr, 2020 04:07 PM

So I have tried the work around but the Citi website isn't letting me access to the Desktop App portion of the website. Just a never ending circle of sadness. Time to call Citi.

17. 17 Posted by Chris W on 14 Apr, 2020 05:55 PM

Update: I managed to get it working by disconnecting on the Citi website and then readding Moneydance in the 10 minute window. I had to try 3-4 times before it worked once, then it stopped working. Very Fickle. I'm talking to a Citi tech support right now online

18. 18 Posted by eabforums on 14 Apr, 2020 07:05 PM

Here is another test I just ran where I experienced multiple failures,
    followed by a successful download.  This all happened within a single
    session of MoneyDance.  I just selected Download Transactions over and
    over, got six failures, then suddenly a successful session.

Ed

19. 19 Posted by paul on 14 Apr, 2020 10:43 PM

I was having the problem on and off since early Apri.

Broken again today - but Anthony's workaround works for me.

Many Thanks.

20. 20 Posted by William Couring... on 15 Apr, 2020 01:41 AM

Surprise. Having changed nothing, I just did a successful download.

Bill Courington

21. 21 Posted by dtd on 15 Apr, 2020 02:07 AM

Have also had this problem for a few days.

If you need another log, I can send it, but you probably have enough.

As to the workaround, I think I'll wait to see if there is a more permanent solution.

22. 22 Posted by rltambo on 15 Apr, 2020 10:51 AM

Thank you for the instructions, Anthony!! Worked the first time.

23. 23 Posted by TonyRI on 15 Apr, 2020 12:56 PM

Thanks for the workaround, but just to let others know, my connection worked correctly several times today with no changes whatsoever.

24. 24 Posted by EdfromHuntsvill... on 15 Apr, 2020 10:29 PM

As with TonyRI, I too have made a number of successful connection/downloads with Citi today as well. Fingers crossed, I guess.

25. 25 Posted by Roger Rice on 06 May, 2020 11:05 AM

The workaround does not work for me. I never get an email that I've been disenrolled. Whenever I add the advanced settings, it says I'm using Moneydance not Quicken. I continue to get the 2000 error with no succsessful downloads since April. :(

26. 26 Posted by Roger Rice on 10 May, 2020 02:39 PM

So, I guess this is another one of the IK things where they just ignore it forever. I've tried for a month now to get this work. As usual, there is no one at IK who prioritizes this and works to fix it. <sigh>

27. 27 Posted by William Couring... on 10 May, 2020 04:51 PM

Sorry you’re still having problems. Since the Citi transactions started to download for me again on April 14 — having made zero changes to the Moneydance config — there have been no further problems. There must be an error in your configuration, but I regret that I don’t know where to begin to advise.

28. 28 Posted by prnewell on 10 May, 2020 05:38 PM

I too had the Citi Bank downloads start spontaneously start working again around the same time in mid April. I would try a complete reset of your online connection to Citibank. From memory, it is important not to reuse the named connection that the program offers, but to make a “new” connection just as if you had never set up Citi Bank before. Hope this helps.

Paul Newell

Wise Men Still Seek Him

29. Support Staff 29 Posted by Maddy on 10 May, 2020 09:49 PM

Hi All,

For your information our development team is actively working to find a solution to this issue, so be reassured that you will be informed as soon as a fix is available.

It's interesting to note how the connection started working again for some of you, and I was wondering if you could confirm what version and build of Moneydance you are currently running.

To check, open Moneydance and select Help --> About Moneydance (or Moneydance --> About Moneydance on a Mac) where the version and build number will be displayed.

Lastly, for those of you who wish to try completely resetting your connection to your bank I'm sending a file called 'remove_one_service.py_' that will help do that.

Before proceeding, take a manual backup via File --> Export Backup.

To use the .py file, first save it to your computer and then follow these steps:

1. In Moneydance, select Window --> Python Scripting (Choose 'MoneyBot' if you're using the 2019 version).
    2. In the window that opens, select 'Open Script' then navigate to the .py file wherever you saved it on your system.
    3. Select 'Run' to execute the file.
    4. You will be asked to select which connection you want to clear. Choose your bank, and click OK. You'll get a confirmation message when the connection has been removed. Close the window when done.
    5. Set up the connection to your bank like normal choosing the "New Connection" button. Since all of your settings have been cleared, you should get the most recent connection information for your bank.

Hopefully, that will work. If it doesn't, please let us know and we'll continue troubleshooting.

Thank you

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

30. 30 Posted by William Couring... on 10 May, 2020 10:09 PM

Version 2017.10 (1706) has been working since April 14.

Bill Courington

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac