Citi Bank connections

pretzel.logic1

12 Apr, 2020 03:47 PM

I keep getting this error for any citi cards accounts I have. This has been going on for weeks now. On occasion I can run the download again and it will complete downloading transactions. I am using the last beta version 2019.4 (1904) but this was present in the last release also. This is starting to get annoying so is this something on MD side or Citi side.

There was an error communicating with your financial institution. The details of this error are below.
Bank Name: Citi Cards
The error code reported by the server was: 2000
We've had a problem processing your request. It may take 24 to 36 hours for the problem to be resolved. Please try again at that time.

Showing page 4 out of 6. View the first page

1. 91 Posted by Sean N on 24 May, 2020 08:24 PM

This has happened before, and it has been fixed before. I have seen where it needed to be fixed on the bank's end and where IK has had to make an adjustment. While I'd like to see a solution occur more quickly, I have every confidence, based on history, that it will be addressed. Also, note the following on the page for this thread:

An issue has been opened.
    The Infinite Kind staff are involved and working on the issue.

state: open

2. 92 Posted by donna on 24 May, 2020 08:41 PM

Infinite Kind, this CitiCard issue has been going on now for at least 6 weeks. How about an update??? A little more than simple a telling us a case has been opened. I find it very difficult to manage all of the duplicate transactions when I manually download. Please let your customers know where you are on this issue, a description of the issue, and what you are doing correct it. Some communication would really help.

3. 93 Posted by dm_corsa on 25 May, 2020 03:09 PM

An update for what it's worth. I am still running Quicken 2018 in parallel to MoneyDance, I just switched to MoneyDance in April of this year and my Quicken subscription runs out at the end of May.

Quicken continues to download from CitiCards just fine with no issues. Same account number and account, etc. as is setup in MoneyDance 2019.3 (Linux)

I am able to download a QFX file from the Citi Card account site and import it fine to Money Dance. Hope this gets fixed. Doesn't seem to be any formal response to the issue that I've seen.

4. 94 Posted by TonyRI on 25 May, 2020 09:50 PM

I'm not from IK Support, but They have actually replied a couple of times recently; Maddy posted a response on 5/22 (this thread) and Ethan posted on 2 other Citi Links to redirect users to this one.

https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/online-banking/16223...

5. 95 Posted by TonyRI on 25 May, 2020 09:51 PM

6. 96 Posted by kristine on 26 May, 2020 03:51 AM

I have the same issue as everyone else here. I have been using Moneydance for Mac for several years and have 3 Citi Cards account. Up until a few weeks, they worked fine. Now I am getting the 2000 error code. I have done all the workarounds and nothing has worked. When I go to the Citibank website to Manage Desktop Apps and click to Add Access and I then try to connect from Moneydance, it doesn't register the connection at all.

7. Support Staff 97 Posted by Sean Reilly on 26 May, 2020 11:57 PM

Hi all,

I'm sorry for the very late update on this. I've checked on Moneydance and it's connection to Citi's servers and nothing I've tried on my side has had an effect. I've exchanged a few messages now with the Citi team and they are looking into it. I'll post back here as soon as I hear back, which I do expect to be soon as they've been very responsive in the past.

Thanks,
    Sean

--
    Sean Reilly
    Developer, The Infinite Kind
    https://infinitekind.com

8. 98 Posted by Jim Doyle on 27 May, 2020 02:32 AM

Its like Moneydance has been blacklisted on their servers. All was fine then MD just stopped connecting.
    On the Citibank app management site the usual process to add Moneydance as a trusted application is that the attempt to download causes Moneydance to appear on the citibank site for you to approve. Currently when trying this MD does not appear at all and the timer continues. Makes me think MD is blocked at the firewall.

9. 99 Posted by rusty on 27 May, 2020 05:28 AM

Sean Reilly...Please push a notification to us when resolved,

10. 100 Posted by sberger71 on 27 May, 2020 12:43 PM

I am having the same problem - I cannot download Citi credit card transactions through MoneyDance. I talked with Citi Technical Support and they said it was not a problem on their end (true?).

Please let me know when this has been resolved.

11. 101 Posted by ddfreela on 27 May, 2020 01:10 PM

Having the same issue. Following

12. 102 Posted by dm_corsa on 27 May, 2020 03:45 PM

I didn't see the responses, thank you for correcting me TonyRI.

Just a note to all. Quicken 2018 continues to download from Citi Cards fine, so I don't think it's on their side unless they configured something against other vendors, IE. MoneyDance.

13. 103 Posted by kbilbee on 27 May, 2020 05:14 PM

Same issue for me.

The error code reported by the server was: 2000

We've had a problem processing your request. It may take 24 to 36 hours for the problem to be resolved. Please try again at that time.

14. 104 Posted by t.brisco on 28 May, 2020 12:04 AM

"Me, too"! Was working until a week or two ago, and suddenly stopped working. As above, when I try and re-register the application, it's as if Citi never sees it.
    Hopefully they'll figure out what's wrong -- been using 2019.3 since ... 3/2019 -- no problems (other thank banks flubbing it)

15. 105 Posted by BayAreaBoy on 28 May, 2020 02:01 AM

Same issue for me. Following.

16. 106 Posted by Robert Merritt on 28 May, 2020 02:44 AM

Hello All,
    I am having the same 2000 error. If any updates on this problem, please email me.

Thank you
    Bob

17. 107 Posted by Martin on 29 May, 2020 12:21 AM

I had emailed IK 5/25 and got a reply that brought me here with all of you following this. Same issue. Began for me on 5/13 - at least that was my last transaction download. Seems like we've been down this road before and been able to get it fixed but this is longer than usual. I will continue to follow but hope they will notify us of the process.

18. 108 Posted by Jessica S on 29 May, 2020 01:08 AM

Watching - been having issue since 5/12. We removed & recreated our interface to Citi and still same issue. I hope that doesn't mean we have to resync all our transaction data - that will be a HUGE pain as we've been a Moneydance customer for almost 15 years :(

19. 109 Posted by Raymond Jessen on 29 May, 2020 06:03 PM

This is a recurrence of the same problem experienced last year. Support was very very slow in responding. I solved the problem last time by not using my citi cards until it was fixed and started using banktivity 7 which works now and then with citi cards. I really like moneydance but if this does not get fixed fast I will go to banktivity full time.

20. 110 Posted by Bill Ligon on 29 May, 2020 09:23 PM

This appears periodically over the years with various institutions. Now it is Citi turn. I am only putting in my 2 cents so that I will be on the response list when the developers have a fix.

21. Support Staff 111 Posted by Sean Reilly on 29 May, 2020 09:32 PM

Hi all,

Some good news! Citi has found the root problem and has a fix which will be deployed on the 2nd of June. Sorry for the delay, but I appreciate all of the information that helped track down the problem.

Thanks,
    Sean

--
    Sean Reilly
    Developer, The Infinite Kind
    https://infinitekind.com

22. 112 Posted by layer on 29 May, 2020 10:19 PM

Yay. So, it was Citi after all. Can't say I'm too impressed with their developers the last few years. I've had issues with email transaction alerts and the workaround is for me to get DOUBLE the number of notifications for everything except those at gas stations. Their support people are completely unable to help and escalation never did squat.

It's the rare large company that isn't a mess inside.

23. 113 Posted by sobo1 on 30 May, 2020 12:56 AM

@ Sean- thank you so much! That is great news!!!! Thank you!

24. 114 Posted by Patrick A McKin... on 30 May, 2020 01:25 AM

Hi
    I just got off the phone with Citi Tech Support...and she said that they had made a conscious decision to ONLY support Quicken and Quickbooks, They no longer will support MoneyDance or other desktop software (via OFX)...and she said this was likely a permanent situation (not temporary).

This flys in direct opposition to what Sean reported a few hours ago. I hope Sean has the real truth here, and that Tech Support just has bad info.

...Patrick

25. 115 Posted by dwg on 30 May, 2020 01:50 AM

I'm a fellow user.

Statements about support can be misleading. At an extremely level it could mean that they will take action that would mean only Quicken and Quickbooks can connect and download data - read restrictive trade practice, anti-competitive behaviour etc.

At another level it could mean that support would only actively help Quicken/Quickbooks users to try and resolve a problem - although one suspects they would be keen to refer you to these companies.

At a base level it could well mean they will have a couple of scripts to lead you through basic setup and some common problems, beyond that they refer you on.

In all cases it could well just give them an out for the support call i.e we only support XYZ, thanks for calling and end the call, case closed.

26. 116 Posted by David on 30 May, 2020 10:14 AM

Thank you for tracking down the issue with Citi. It will be good to have things working again next week.

27. 117 Posted by dm_corsa on 30 May, 2020 12:12 PM

Well now I am confused. Sean Reilly from infinitekind says Citi has acknowledged and will fix the issue June 2. Patrick said later the same day that he spoke with Citi and was told they won't fix it because they will only support Quicken. Which is it? My Quicken subscription just ran out and have no intention of going back.

28. 118 Posted by TonyRI on 30 May, 2020 01:50 PM

Hmm... Sean is the founder and main Developer of Moneydance and the Infinite Kind.
    I would think that Sean is in direct contact with the appropriate individuals at Citi and that he wouldn't have made his post without first-hand accurate information and full knowledge of the situation.

Patrick, on the other hand, is a Moneydance customer and is providing second hand information from a CSR at Citi (No offense Patrick).

My money (pun intended) is on Sean.

29. 119 Posted by markc6123 on 30 May, 2020 04:37 PM

Following, I've had the same issue for several weeks now. Citi chat rep. had no solution and referred me to Moneydance.

30. 120 Posted by dm_corsa on 30 May, 2020 05:19 PM

Well that was what I was thinking TonyRI. Thanks for confirming. All fingers crossed.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac