Costco Citi not downloading

Rick Kollar

14 Apr, 2020 12:47 PM

I have not been able to connect to Costco Citi Cards for several days. The message I receive is:
There was an error communicating with your financial institution. The details of this error are below.

Bank Name: Citi Cards
The error code reported by the server was: 2000
We've had a problem processing your request. It may take 24 to 36 hours for the problem to be resolved. Please try again at that time.

I did go through the process of disabling my online access in Moneydance and then going through the data management setup on Citi with no success. Please advise.

1. 1 Posted by LAdams on 14 Apr, 2020 01:54 PM

I am having the same problem and have not found a solution.

2. 2 Posted by TonyRI on 14 Apr, 2020 03:59 PM

Hi,

I'm NOT from MD Support, but Citi Cards have been having sporadic connection issues. Here is another recent discussion. Connection logs are being reviewed by IK.

https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/online-banking/15841...

Regards,

Tony

3. 3 Posted by Rick Kollar on 23 May, 2020 02:18 PM

Is there any update on this issue? When can I get some response from the vendor about what is going on an how to address it?

4. 4 Posted by Lance on 23 May, 2020 04:13 PM

Hello. Same error for me. Is this a common event with Moneydance? We are still trying to decide if we should switch from quicken and haven't purchased a license yet. This makes me nervous to switch.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Ethan on 24 May, 2020 07:49 PM

Hello,

Unfortunately, other customers are reporting the same issue, and it's likely that CitiBank are making some changes to their system. If you're interested, you can see the main thread on our support site where people are discussing this at: https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/online-banking/15841...

We've filed a ticket in our ticketing system regarding this issue, and the developers are currently looking into it. This also flags your message as someone who is having this issue, so we'll respond here if we have any updates.

For the time being, the best way to get your transactions into Moneydance is to use a web browser to download files from your bank's web site.

We'd recommend you download using the OFX or QFX file format if available. If not, use the QIF file format. (These files are sometimes referred to as Quicken or MS Money files). You can import the files to Moneydance using File --> Import.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

6. 6 Posted by Villella on 02 Jun, 2020 04:58 PM

I was able to get my Costco citi card downloads working again today

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Ethan on 02 Jun, 2020 07:30 PM

Our lead developer was able to make contact with Citi's tech people, who should have implemented a change today to allow Moneydance to connect again. For most people this seems to work without further setup, but you may have to recreate your connection if it still doesn't work.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

8. System closed this discussion on 01 Sep, 2020 07:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac