Edward Jones timing out

Dana

22 May, 2020 02:11 PM

See following post for update

I have two Edward Jones accounts. They have downloaded with no issues for years. In the last week or so they have both begin timing out.

Anyone else having this problem? All of my accounts at other institutions continue to work.

The log of an attempt:

opening connection with no proxy:
opening connection with no proxy:
FI refresh is forced
Sending message to https://ofx.edwardjones.com
>>>>>>>>

OFXHEADER:100
DATA:OFXSGML
VERSION:102
SECURITY:NONE
ENCODING:USASCII
CHARSET:1252
COMPRESSION:NONE
OLDFILEUID:NONE
NEWFILEUID:NONE

<OFX>
<SIGNONMSGSRQV1>
<SONRQ>
<DTCLIENT>20200522100149.271
<USERID>anonymous00000000000000000000000
<USERPASS>*
<GENUSERKEY>N
<LANGUAGE>ENG
<FI>
<ORG>Edward Jones
<FID>823
</FI>
<APPID>QWIN
<APPVER>2400
</SONRQ>
</SIGNONMSGSRQV1>
<PROFMSGSRQV1>
<PROFTRNRQ>
<TRNUID>1590156109272-14
<PROFRQ>
<CLIENTROUTING>MSGSET
<DTPROFUP>20000101
</PROFRQ>
</PROFTRNRQ>
</PROFMSGSRQV1>
</OFX>

<<<<77<<<<
connecting to: https://ofx.edwardjones.com with method: POST
java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
at java.base/java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect0(Native Method)
at java.base/java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketFactoryImpl.createSocket(Unknown Source)
at com.moneydance.apps.md.controller.olb.CustomURLStreamHandlerFactory$HttpsURLConnectionImpl.connect(CustomURLStreamHandlerFactory.java:660)
at com.moneydance.apps.md.controller.olb.ofx.OFXConnection.sendMessage(OFXConnection.java:2661)
at com.moneydance.apps.md.controller.olb.ofx.OFXConnection.sendMessage(OFXConnection.java:2568)
at com.moneydance.apps.md.controller.olb.ofx.OFXConnection.refreshServiceInfo(OFXConnection.java:624)
at com.moneydance.apps.md.controller.olb.ofx.OFXConnection.initSecureServices(OFXConnection.java:914)
at com.moneydance.apps.md.controller.olb.ofx.OFXConnection.getTransactions(OFXConnection.java:924)
at com.moneydance.apps.md.view.gui.OnlineManager.downloadTransactions(OnlineManager.java:560)
at com.moneydance.apps.md.view.gui.OnlineManager.downloadTransactions(OnlineManager.java:475)
at com.moneydance.apps.md.view.gui.AccountDetailPanel.lambda$downloadTransactions$0(AccountDetailPanel.java:295)
at com.moneydance.apps.md.controller.BackgroundOpsThread.run(BackgroundOpsThread.java:136)

1. 1 Posted by Dana on 22 May, 2020 03:03 PM

I was able to track down additional information via Quicken help forums - the problem has affected Quicken users as well. Based on users feedback there, I called Edward Jones at 800-441-5203 (I think I chose option 4, not sure. The one for login assistance.).

The person was very helpful and acknowledged the problem is due to "a security update" on their end. She offered to "mark the IP address I last used as safe for Quicken downloads." When I asked if downloads would only work for that single IP address she said yes. I asked about marking the address I used from both work and home as safe and she was able to do so. Fortunately I have a fixed IP at home and at work, so I should be OK, but this seems that it will be a real problem for dynamic IP addresses.
    She said it could take a couple of days for the change to be effective.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Ethan on 22 May, 2020 07:12 PM

Thanks so much for reporting this information. Please let us know if this resolves this issue for you. We haven't had luck sorting connection issues out with this bank, but this could explain why. If the information is accurate and it is a matter of IP address, I'm not sure if there's much that we can do on our end, but I'll let our bank connection people know about this just in case. This at least gives a path for customers to resolve the issue with Edward Jones directly.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

3. 3 Posted by Dana on 26 May, 2020 05:42 PM

Download worked today, so the IP address being in their "approved list" seems to be the fix.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Ethan on 26 May, 2020 07:48 PM

That's great to hear, thanks for reporting back. We've also heard from other customers that their connection just seems to have started working again, so I'm not sure if that means that they also had their IP addresses listed, or that they changed that requirement. In any case, I'm glad to hear that it's working, and let us know if that changes.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

5. 5 Posted by bonniemitch on 10 Jun, 2020 11:41 AM

I have not been able to download my two Edward Jones Investment accounts since mid April. Yesterday I called 800-441-5203 ext.1 and the person was helpful and knowledgable about the problem. She asked for the account numbers and in a couple of minutes she asked me to try to download the accounts. Yea-working again. She told me that they no longer need the IP addresses. So thanks for this form.

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Ethan on 10 Jun, 2020 06:51 PM

That's great to hear, thanks. If I had to guess from what you describe, they probably had to reset your connection on their end. That's useful information for anyone else who still has an issue connecting with this bank.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

7. System closed this discussion on 09 Sep, 2020 07:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac