Credit Card Transactions are downloading as payments not charges

Jerry Johnson

06 Jun, 2020 12:36 PM

I setup a new credit card account{Bank of America (BOA)} and use the web connect like I do for all my other credit cards. For some reason when I import this into the new BOA, the credit card charges are posted to the payment column instead of the charge column.

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 06 Jun, 2020 12:49 PM

I'm a fellow user.

It has been observed that some financial institutions have reinterpreted the OFX specification and as such have changed the structure of the data they are providing.

We have seen this reflected in data being incorrectly categorized between deposits and withdrawals when they are stored in Moneydance.

To deal with this an option has been implemented under the menu path File → Preferences → Network to Ignore Transaction Types in Favor of Amount Sign.

Selecting this option will result in Moneydance interpreting OFX data in a different way to account for the change in structure that some financial institutions are providing.

Hopefully using this option will resolve your problem.

2. 2 Posted by Jerry Johnson on 06 Jun, 2020 01:09 PM

Perfect. Issues resolved.

Jerry W. Johnson
    Ph: 817.915.5725
    Email: [email blocked]

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• screenshot.pdf 207 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac