No longer able to communicate with FirstBank

dave.moneydance

01 Aug, 2020 08:57 PM

Since July 1, 2020, Online / Download All Accounts fails with FirstBank (but continues to work with other accounts such as Discover Card.) It fails for several checking and credit card accounts at FirstBank. Online / Setup Online Banking / Refresh also fails. Online / Setup / Change / FirstBank of Colorado also fails. The bank doesn't see a problem on their end.

Here's the error message:
A communication or parsing error occurred. This could be ...
Error Description: java.io.IOException: HTTP Error:403 Forbidden.

Thanks for looking into it!
Dave

1. 1 Posted by dave.moneydance on 01 Aug, 2020 09:05 PM

Using Mondydance v 2019.3 (1880) on Windows 8

2. 2 Posted by dwg on 01 Aug, 2020 09:33 PM

I'm a fellow user.

To me a HTTP 403 error indicates an error from the bank side, perhaps the site is down for maintenance. This is not an OFX error so the software is not getting the chance to log in or anything like that.

3. 3 Posted by BWS on 11 Aug, 2020 10:07 PM

I am having the same problem with Firstbank, getting that same error. Moneydance version 2020 (1919) on Windows 10.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Maddy on 12 Aug, 2020 02:13 PM

Hi all,

Unfortunately, other customers are reporting the same issue and it's likely that FirstBank of Colorado are making some changes to their system.

We've filed a ticket in our ticketing system regarding this issue and the developers are currently looking into it.

For the time being, the best way to get your transactions into Moneydance is to use a web browser to download files from your bank's web site.

We'd recommend you download using the OFX or QFX file format if available. If not, use the QIF file format. (These files are sometimes referred to as Quicken or MS Money files). You can import the files to Moneydance using File --> Import.
    The steps for manually importing your data are outlined in this article from the knowledge base.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

5. 5 Posted by dave.moneydance on 12 Aug, 2020 06:05 PM

Thanks Maddy! Didn't know about the OFX recommendation.

6. 6 Posted by Creisdorf on 23 Aug, 2020 04:34 PM

According to firstbank IT department, there has not been any sign of an attempt to log in to my account thru an automated service such as moneydance or quicken. Seems like the very first step that moneydance tries, is failing. This is the step where it contacts the financial institution before it tries to log in to a specific user account. Is it possible that the site that moneydance uses to connect is incorrect? Firstbank does not see moneydance trying to connect at all.

7. 7 Posted by Creisdorf on 23 Aug, 2020 04:58 PM

OK i think I figured out the issue here. In one of context windows in moneydance it states that the URL being tried is HTTP://www.efirstbankpfm.com. According to the firstbank IT representative, this makes no sense. There is no site with the pfm at the end of the sitename. I believe that this entry was inadvertently changed on the moneydance end. if you try to open this site, you get the 403 Forbidden error which is what we (MD users) are all seeing in the error window within moneydance.

8. 8 Posted by creisdorf on 23 Sep, 2020 03:04 PM

I hate to be a pest, but i''m wondering if this issue can be expedited based on the findings from the 8/23 post. I just purchased Moneydance a couple months ago when firstbank downloads were working, and shortly after this broke. This firstbank issue is a real show-stopper for me.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac