Syncrony Bank Errors Downloading

Jon Sarta

03 Oct, 2020 11:11 AM

Hi, I have an Amazon and Lowe's Credit Card account both serviced by Syncrony Bank. I keep getting errors when trying to download transactions. This has been going on for the past couple of weeks. A screenshot of the error message is attached.

Thanks for your help!
Jon

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 03 Oct, 2020 12:43 PM

Hi Jon,
    Thank you for contacting Moneydance support.

Unfortunately this is a known issue with Synchrony Bank. There's an existing ticket in our ticketing system regarding this issue, so I've attached it to your discussion. The developers are currently working to find a solution and you will be notified once there is any progress.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance!

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Jon Sarta on 03 Oct, 2020 03:36 PM

Thanks!

3. 3 Posted by Ron Siegfried on 13 Oct, 2020 10:56 AM

Same problem with same error message on both Synchrony cards I have: Amazon and Sam's Club.

4. 4 Posted by sueadams101 on 21 Oct, 2020 06:24 PM

Please add me to the list of notifications with Synchrony once it has been resolved, mine is Sam's Club as well.

5. 5 Posted by Jon Sarta on 21 Oct, 2020 06:29 PM

Hi I, I found that if you can import a Microsoft money file it will work

6. 6 Posted by Ronald Siegfrie... on 21 Oct, 2020 08:18 PM

Both my Synchrony Bank errors now work (at least last time I tried them) I was having problems downloading current transactions but since it has closed and gone to an actual statement it has worked. Hopefully no more problems.

7. 7 Posted by hans on 21 Nov, 2020 05:39 PM

Having the same problem. Using Microsoft Money format as a workaround is less than ideal, because if you download more than once a month, you have to keep merging transactions you had previously downloaded. That was never necessary with the Quicken format.

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Maddy on 23 Nov, 2020 12:17 PM

Hi,

We are sorry to hear about the problem you have encountered.

Can you try upgrading to the latest free preview version, as this should hopefully fix the problem for you?

Moneydance 2021 (2008) is now available to download from this page.

For a full list of improvements in the preview version, please refer to this page.

Then you should navigate to File->Preferences->Network and select the option Automatically merge downloaded transactions.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have further questions or need any assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Capture.JPG 18.1 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac