Downloading transactions from American Express stopped working

John Hillery

27 Oct, 2020 01:40 AM

For the last day or two, I get an online error and the following console log entries every time I try to download transactions from my American Express credit card account:
java.io.IOException: HTTP Error:503 Service Unavailable
at com.moneydance.apps.md.controller.olb.ofx.OFXConnection.sendMessage(OFXConnection.java:2783) at com.moneydance.apps.md.controller.olb.ofx.OFXConnection.sendMessage(OFXConnection.java:2567) at com.moneydance.apps.md.controller.olb.ofx.OFXConnection.updateFIProfile(OFXConnection.java:623) at com.moneydance.apps.md.controller.olb.ofx.OFXConnection.initSecureServices(OFXConnection.java:913) at com.moneydance.apps.md.controller.olb.ofx.OFXConnection.getTransactions(OFXConnection.java:923) at com.moneydance.apps.md.view.gui.OnlineManager.downloadTransactions(OnlineManager.java:550) at com.moneydance.apps.md.view.gui.OnlineManager.downloadTransactions(OnlineManager.java:465) at com.moneydance.apps.md.view.gui.AccountDetailPanel.lambda$downloadTransactions$0(AccountDetailPanel.java:296) at com.moneydance.apps.md.controller.BackgroundOpsThread.run(BackgroundOpsThread.java:136)

Showing page 2 out of 2. View the first page

1. 30 Posted by wa1oui on 28 Oct, 2020 04:25 PM

Maddy,

That worked fine on the new file…. Now how do I clean out the old one? The remove all services script didn’t seem to help.

Since I have your attention, may I ask you to look at a previous ticket I entered that had been ignored about Investments creating a monetary transaction on their own? Thanks.

David

2. 31 Posted by wa1oui on 29 Oct, 2020 11:15 AM

Maddy, any further thoughts on how I might clean up my Amex entry??

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac