First Tech Federal Credit Union

jerry_k_wagner

21 Dec, 2015 02:58 AM

I can no longer download transactions from First Tech Federal Credit Union. They recently changed their online banking URL from firsttechfed.com to banking.firsttechfed.com. Perhaps they changed their OFX server URL, too. The entry in ofxhome.com was last validated in September, so it doesn't show any changes, and doesn't help with this issue.

I get an error for invalid username or password, but I know they are both correct.

When I try to re-set up online banking as a new connection, and select First Tech Federal Credit Union from the list, that doesn't help either.

Thank you.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jenny on 21 Dec, 2015 11:20 AM

Hi Jerry,

Can you confirm you have followed these instructions when trying to disable and re-establish the connection in Moneydance

1) Select your bank account in Moneydance
    2) Select the Online --> Setup Online Banking button/menu
    3) Click the Disable button. If you don't see a disable button, continue to step 5.
    4) Select the Online --> Setup Online Banking button/menu (again)
    5) Click the New Connection button and select your bank from the list of available institutions that pops up. Hit OK
    6) Continue with the setup process, entering your username/password
    7) Repeat steps 1-6 for any additional accounts

Make sure you pick new connection, even though your bank is still one of the connection choices after you disable it. Choosing your bank from the list of available banks will force Moneydance to download the updated information, which should then allow you to connect.

Please let me know if you continue to have problems after recreating your connection, and we can investigate this further.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by jerry_k_wagner on 22 Dec, 2015 08:07 PM

Hi Jenny,

I followed your instructions exactly, and I still get the error "The given customer ID or Pin is not valid. Additional information from the server: User or Member password invalid."

I called the bank rep yesterday and she didn't understand what I was talking about at first. The term "OFX" didn't mean anything to her. I mentioned Quicken, and Moneydance. She put me on hold and checked with the online department.

She came back and told me that they have 400K members and they are switching 25K / week to the new online and mobile banking system. (I am in the lucky first bunch.) The online department said they don't support Moneydance, but everything will be fine for all Quicken users for ALL members at the end of January. This makes me think that I have been switched to a new OFX URL but they aren't giving it out until everybody is switched. I said I'd like to know the new OFX URL sooner than that so I can download transactions. The online person is supposed to call me, but hasn't yet.

Does Quicken use OFX? I would assume they do. Moneydance has always worked for me since First Tech FCU was started. I don't know what "not supporting Moneydance" means other than if I call again I should say I need help with Quicken.

Would you have any way of finding out the new OFX URL in case the guy doesn't call me? Otherwise, I'm stuck waiting until the end of January. That is frustrating because I want to download my transactions before the end of the year.

Thanks for your help.
    Jerry

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Jenny on 23 Dec, 2015 10:20 AM

Hi Jerry,

Moneydance uses exactly the same OFX server connection protocol as Quicken but your bank representative may not know this and mistakenly believe that you can not connect in Moneydance. We have found that advising your bank you are connecting to Quicken rather than Moneydance, often stops any confusion.

If we need to amend your banks details to continue direct connection support, we can do this once the changes have been made by your financial institution. Unfortunately, many banks will not discuss changes with us, as we aren't a customer or Quicken staff.

In the meantime, the best way to get your transactions into Moneydance is to use a web browser to download them from your bank's web site. You can download into QFX, QIF, OFX or OFC files (sometimes referred to as Quicken or MS Money files), any of which will import cleanly into Moneydance. You can also open your bank's download page directly (after entering the appropriate address in the Account->Edit Account menu) by going to the menu bar and selecting Online->Open Account Website, which makes the download process easier.

I hope this information is helpful, please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by jerry_k_wagner on 24 Dec, 2015 05:35 PM

Hi Jenny,

That was very helpful, especially the information about opening the bank's download page directly. It worked great.

After all the members are converted to the new system, should First Tech FCU update ofxhome.com? It's not clear to me who is supposed to keep that up to date.

Thanks again,
    Jerry

5. 5 Posted by Ian L on 26 Dec, 2015 07:46 PM

Hi Jerry,

I've flagged First Tech in our system and will look into finding the new information at the end of January. As far as I can tell, their new OFX server isn't available yet. ofxhome.com is maintained by third parties, so I doubt they will update the information there.

It's also very possible that this "upgrade" will get rid of their support for OFX direct connect. In that case, you would need to continue downloading using the OFX files from their website. We probably won't know for sure until the end of next month, though.

Ian
    Infinite Kind Support

6. 6 Posted by jerry_k_wagner on 04 Jan, 2016 01:06 AM

Hi Ian and Jenny,
    I finally got in touch with someone from First Tech who understood my question and was helpful.  It turns out I am still on the current OFX server but I needed to use my old online banking password, and not the new one they made me select with the new online system.  So OFX is now working just fine with my old credentials.  (I didn't think to try that, unfortunately, until First Tech suggested it.)
    The question is whether they will change something with OFX at the end of January after everybody is switched over to the new online banking system...
    Thanks,Jerry

7. 7 Posted by Ian L on 04 Jan, 2016 01:43 PM

Great, I'm glad they were able to get you connected. Hopefully their new system supports direct connect!

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance, and thanks for using Moneydance.

Ian
    Infinite Kind Support

8. 8 Posted by Brian on 07 Feb, 2016 09:10 PM

It's now February and I had the same issue...I've had to access Moneydance for First Tech using my old password.

Thankfully, I found this information here to help me out! :-)

9. System closed this discussion on 08 May, 2016 09:20 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac