Connection problem with accessing investments at Edward Jones

tkilberg

02 Jan, 2021 01:05 AM

Edward Jones is shown in MD's list of available financial institutions. I choose that institution and select the MD investment account that I created. I then enter my User ID and Password (the same ones that work on Edward Jones' website). An Online Error window pops up indicating "The given customer ID or PIN is not valid." But I've verified that I'm using the same ID/PW that works on their website. I've also read an Edward Jones help document that explains how to retrieve investment data from within Quicken using their import function, but there doesn't appear to be a way to download transactions in any format other that PDF statements on their website.
Any suggestions?
Thank you!

1. 1 Posted by dtd on 02 Jan, 2021 01:28 AM

just a user, and just a guess.

Is it possible that you haven't enabled direct connect with Edward Jones?

Quicken uses more than one connection type, and often uses non private methodologies like web connect vs direct connect.

If this seems right, you might need to call Edward Jones and ask for direct connect to be enabled (and say Quicken, not moneydance - saying MD often gets a kneejerk "we don't support anything but Quicken") - the important bit is to get them to enable direct connect for you.

Some institutions charge for direct connect - I doubt Edward Jones would be there,but I have no idea.

2. 2 Posted by tkilberg on 02 Jan, 2021 01:58 AM

That's a great suggestion. I was assuming that having online access through their website would open that channel, so to speak. But I remember now having to make that specific request from Chase (I believe) many years ago before MD could make the connection. And I learned at that time that MD meant nothing to Chase!
    Thanks for the suggestion!

3. Melissa closed this discussion on 27 Jan, 2021 03:09 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac