need script to clean up old Online Connections for online banking in Moneydance 2021 (2006)

elektronen

16 Jan, 2021 08:48 PM

Hi Infinite(ly) Kind Folk,

Referencing the discussion in https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/online-banking/11904-how-do-i-delete-old-online-connecions-in-moneydance-2017, I need the same solution for Moneydance 2021 (2006). Please provide a suitable Python snippet or script to allow me to clean up my Online Connections, as I presently have about 6 versions of one financial institution, and all of them are incorrect due to that institution's annual software upgrades and a recent name change.

Thanks!

Mike

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 16 Jan, 2021 11:03 PM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER's Avatar

If you’re happy to download the latest preview build 3034 then my toolbox extension has this built in:
    https://yogi1967.github.io/MoneydancePythonScripts/
    Choose advanced mode, there is a button called:
    FIX - Delete OFX Banking Logon Profile / Service (these are logon profiles that allow you to connect to your bank).

(Not support, just a fellow user)

2. 2 Posted by elektronen on 17 Jan, 2021 01:28 AM

Hi Stuart,

It's very kind of you to let me know of your toolbox's existence. However, using the signed package hosted by Infinite Kind, and installing via the Moneydance application, I see the Toolbox entry under the Extensions menu, but nothing happens when I select it. I also note in the Toolbox entry under installed extensions in Extensions Manager the requirement "MINIMUM BUILD REQUIREMENTS: 2021.2012...." This leads me to suspect you have developed this under either Linux or Windows, as the macOS build is only at 2006, not 2012. I checked for a newer build via the standard downloads at Infinite Kind, and 2006 is the newest available build for macOS.

I'd be happy to try your extension once you enable it for my build version.

Cordially,

Mike

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 17 Jan, 2021 01:33 AM

I'm a fellow user.

Moneydance 2021 build 2006 is the most recent "stable" release. The toolbox requires a later build which is still in "Preview" mode, the latest of which is at build 3034

Preview releases are available to those who purchase Moneydance directly from The Infinite Kind, they are not available in the Apps store for example.

The Preview release is available from:

https://infinitekind.com/preview

4. 4 Posted by elektronen on 17 Jan, 2021 01:35 AM

Hey dwg,

Thanks for weighing in. I generally avoid Apple's App Store, unless software I use simply isn't offered in another format. As I am a paying Moneydance user, I will check out this preview version, and see if I have more luck there with Stuart's Toolbox.

Thanks!

Mike

5. 5 Posted by dwg on 17 Jan, 2021 01:53 AM

Unfortunately Moneydance does not have a central repository for scripts, something I think Stuart is trying to overcome with packaging many scripts into an extension. A central repository has been suggest a number of times without the suggestion being taken up.

A version of the script that work in recent Moneydance releases is in the post:

https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/online-banking/16974-still-unable-to-download-transactions-from-first-tech-fcu#comment_48621912

6. 6 Posted by elektronen on 17 Jan, 2021 01:59 AM

Fellow Users!

That worked great! I grabbed the current Preview build, installed, made a local backup, converted my Secondary profile to Primary type, and was able to one-by-one delete the offending OFX bank profiles. After that, I created a new manual OFX bank profile with the correct info (the bank is present in Moneydance's available configurations, but it still provides config details from about a year ago...), and now sync is working for all my lovely accounts.

Thanks for your feedback; and as a fellow geek, I very much approve of your extension having a 'Geek Out' mode, Stuart!

May 2021 treat you with the kindness and decency 2020 couldn't muster!

Mike

7. 7 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 17 Jan, 2021 05:39 AM

Great news. Thanks for confirming! +1 toolbox 🧰
    (PS - there’s more coming in the next release)

8. Melissa closed this discussion on 19 Jan, 2021 05:37 PM.

9. Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER re-opened this discussion on 30 Jan, 2021 07:03 PM

10. 8 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 30 Jan, 2021 07:03 PM

Toolbox v2 is now available on my site. Lots of enhancements, all known fix scripts included, new Bank OFX management menu..:
    https://yogi1967.github.io/MoneydancePythonScripts/

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac